• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Dating Thread.

I gotta say. Most young people I know now days that I'm close with meet online for some reason. In person dating and friendship has gone down a lot

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
It lessens the sting of rejection if its' detached like OLD, but it also reduces the excitement, that high you get, when it happens organically.

Worked with my wife , and after a month after she broke up with her Ex, I gathered my balls, marched my ass in her office and asked her out on a date for a hike for the long Easter Weekend. I tell this story as a way to lay the ground work for an example.

I'm not tooting my own horn here, but my wife is an attractive woman. She's never had to struggle to get a date or a boyfriend. This is the case for most attractive and nice girls. Thes girls aren't sitting on the market long enough to get on OLD.

Too all you boys on here: Get out there, put yourself out there. Don't sit back and create a profile! Don't go to the bar and pick up the bar sleuths. Get into things like rock climbing, local trail running groups, or painting classes. You think all the fun girls with good personalities are sitting at home waiting and fielding all the dumb lines they see on Tinder or whatever? Hell no, they are going out and living life, and so should you.

Don't tell yourself "Everyone's doing it these days, its how its evolved", because that's a lie. That's a lie people are telling themselves to protect themselves from possible rejection.

Most young people meet and or find dates at the gym at least around here. Keeps it real

It lessens the sting of rejection if its' detached like OLD, but it also reduces the excitement, that high you get, when it happens organically.

Worked with my wife , and after a month after she broke up with her Ex, I gathered my balls, marched my ass in her office and asked her out on a date for a hike for the long Easter Weekend. I tell this story as a way to lay the ground work for an example.

I'm not tooting my own horn here, but my wife is an attractive woman. She's never had to struggle to get a date or a boyfriend. This is the case for most attractive and nice girls. Thes girls aren't sitting on the market long enough to get on OLD.

Too all you boys on here: Get out there, put yourself out there. Don't sit back and create a profile! Don't go to the bar and pick up the bar sleuths. Get into things like rock climbing, local trail running groups, or painting classes. You think all the fun girls with good personalities are sitting at home waiting and fielding all the dumb lines they see on Tinder or whatever? Hell no, they are going out and living life, and so should you.

Don't tell yourself "Everyone's doing it these days, its how its evolved", because that's a lie. That's a lie people are telling themselves to protect themselves from possible rejection.
Yes dating in person and meeting people in person is a lot better. I had one bad experience with dating online. after that I was like nope. Not doing this again. Met my wife and my job as well.

Most young people meet and or find dates at the gym at least around here. Keeps it real
Finding people at the gym is super bad in my opinion. Idk I never liked doing that cause most girls there were so full of themselves. And I was like whatever. I'm not a jock personality. I'm just a level headed dood so it didn't work out for me at the gym lol

And church. Church or gym will win family approval.

I think working with someone is the best way to find a spouse. When you work with someone you see that person in all their glory(or lack of). My wife has always said that is something she knows about me. She said she knows I have seen her clean, hair fixed and happy and in a mess, frustrated and tired and she has seen me the same. You get to know who that person really is with no facade.

My wife and I were best friends before I ever was in love with her and knew at that time when we were just friends that I could spend every day with her the rest of my life.

Finding people at the gym is super bad in my opinion. Idk I never liked doing that cause most girls there were so full of themselves. And I was like whatever. I'm not a jock personality. I'm just a level headed dood so it didn't work out for me at the gym lol

I will say as someone who goes to the gym, I don't like to be distracted. I think it's not that the girls are full of themselves, they just don't want to be bugged. If someone came up to me and tried to strike a conversation, I'm going to be pretty annoyed tbh

I will say as someone who goes to the gym, I don't like to be distracted. I think it's not that the girls are full of themselves, they just don't want to be bugged. If someone came up to me and tried to strike a conversation, I'm going to be pretty annoyed tbh
THis. No one wants to stop and interrupt their sets to chit chat. That's my decompress time

I don’t see how some of y’all nerds ever get a date!
Some girls like that my woman likes it somewhat lol. But I'm a mis between both nerd and being a active person. I do a lot and like a lot. So I connect with my wife on a lot of things. I even brush and style and braid her hair.

Some girls like that my woman likes it somewhat lol. But I'm a mis between both nerd and being a active person. I do a lot and like a lot. So I connect with my wife on a lot of things. I even brush and style and braid her hair.

Wow you are 23 and married ?

Back