• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as Italy is, Germany is kicking this things butt like no other country. 12,000 cases(probably far higher) and 28 deaths. More confirmed cases than SK by several thousand with a CFR of 0.2%.

Read a post weeks ago about viral load. I wonder if that’s happening in hospitals which contributes to the crazy number of deaths in Italy, Spain and China.

Plus, Europe is beginning to show that more younger people are getting hit harder.

I'm sure we already know this but there's potential for it to go a lot higher soon (and it probably is a lot higher). There were 3 more presumptive positive tests at AU Health as of this morning, 20 pending tests (they've started drive thru testing today I believe), and 30 pending tests from yesterday I believe. The thought in this case is that the origin in this area was a major church gathering involving 3 counties. The first person to test positive, I don't think they traveled, but they were exposed to someone that has.

Albany might be about to get slammed. They have 1 positive so far, but someone that is apparently from that area says they have 67 people in the hospital awaiting test results, and 100 other people that aren't in the hospital awaiting test results. It hasn't really started there, but this person said that this hospital is already having issues.
I have family that lives in the area. Right now as of last night Albany has 200 pending cases. My brother is an attorney and he have to figure out how to get wills signed with people that have it. It is so bad down there that they have people sewing protective coverings for the N95 mask. They have found having a covering will allow them to have more use. This is all from one guy the first guy to die that came down for a funeral from the metro Atlanta area. The doctors have been able trace it back to him and the funeral home where they had one more funeral that day after the funeral he attended. It really is sad. They are just ramping up testing in GA. I would think with them allowing private labs to test now we will see our numbers jump.

As bad as Italy is, Germany is kicking this things butt like no other country. 12,000 cases(probably far higher) and 28 deaths. More confirmed cases than SK by several thousand with a CFR of 0.2%.

Read a post weeks ago about viral load. I wonder if that’s happening in hospitals which contributes to the crazy number of deaths in Italy, Spain and China.
The crazy thing is Germany's median age is 45.9 compared to France's 41.2, and France has many more total deaths. I'm really at a loss to explain that discrepancy.

They die everyday in assisted living. They go there to die, peacefully and with pain meds if needed. If we are shutting down to keep very old people alive, it is folly.
Man come on! You are just obviously a non caring person or just a plain pathetic individual. Shutting down sucks yes but life is more important than money. It’s people like you that disgust me. I would hate to be your mom or dad. You would just send them off. Hope your kids don’t have same attitude.

Man come on! You are just obviously a non caring person or just a plain pathetic individual. Shutting down sucks yes but life is more important than money. It’s people like you that disgust me. I would hate to be your mom or dad. You would just send them off. Hope your kids don’t have same attitude.
yeah, this guy earned an ignore forever over this post. not that I'm sure he cares! lol

The crazy thing is Germany's median age is 45.9 compared to France's 41.2, and France has many more total deaths. I'm really at a loss to explain that discrepancy.

The only things I can come up with is:

1. German seniors have heeded the warnings and have isolated.

2. Italy, France and Spain have millions of cases and we are just seeing the worst cases in deaths. If this is true, we will see a massive drop off in cases in the next little while as herd immunity takes over.

Kissing cheeks worse then handshakes?

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen that, but there's now some rumors floating that Germany has been hiding how much they've been hurt by this virus at least in hospital impact.

I've seen that, but there's now some rumors floating that Germany has been hiding how much they've been hurt by this virus at least in hospital impact.

Agenda. All nations have them. Good or bad it’s all about the PR. I can’t trust any number or organization in this day of age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one will like the discussion that is incoming, but it is incoming.

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

After deaths from the virus reached more than 2,500, with a 150% increase in the past week, health authorities have been combing through data to provide clues to help combat the spread of the disease.

edit: Why aren’t links showing like like they did?

Could be, and I wouldn't completely rule it out.

On the other hand when people lie w/data (or businesses, nations, etc), most are usually pretty careful to make it look good, without drawing suspicion. Most likely, Germany would make up a higher number in my opinion. If this was 1940, my spidey sense would be off the hook but today I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until something says otherwise.

No one will like the discussion that is incoming, but it is incoming.

edit: Why aren’t links showing like like they did?

I saw that. Keep in mind 'high blood pressure' is considered "other illness".

And I think it's just Bloomberg site that messes up.

Germany is slamming the door shut at their borders & at their airports, prohibiting entry into the country by non-EU citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back