• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they weren’t wearing their masks?

They were definitely wearing their masks........just not properly. ;)

Probably coming to a town near you soon... not that I support that idea at all.
Could be, I don’t think anywhere in the US has explicitly done that yet, though. I’d have to think it would run into Constitutionality issues, though to be honest I doubt Governors having the power to basically indefinitely close businesses is technically Constitutional as it is. These Covid restrictions truly are potentially a slippery slope towards tyranny, especially as they drag on longer and longer. It was one thing when it was a month or two, but now we are at 7 months with no end in sight.......

Maybe they weren’t wearing their masks?

Masks help to some extent, but they aren’t full proof either way.

Could be, I don’t think anywhere in the US has explicitly done that yet, though. I’d have to think it would run into Constitutionality issues, though to be honest I doubt Governors having the power to basically indefinitely close businesses is technically Constitutional as it is. These Covid restrictions truly are potentially a slippery slope towards tyranny, especially as they drag on longer and longer. It was one thing when it was a month or two, but now we are at 7 months with no end in sight.......

In China they had 12 cases so they screened 3 MILLION residents of that city in 48 hours and will do the remaining 9 million by the end of the week.

This is how you snuff out chains of transmission. We have authorities striving to reduce testing. No wonder we are going backwards.

Arizona is starting to have a resurgance in cases. Arizona reported 1,185 new cases which is the highest since mid August.

North Dakota reports 706 new cases and 5 new deaths.
South Dakota reports 797 new cases and 13 new deaths.

In China they had 12 cases so they screened 3 MILLION residents of that city in 48 hours and will do the remaining 9 million by the end of the week.

This is how you snuff out chains of transmission. We have authorities striving to reduce testing. No wonder we are going backwards.
I'm all for more testing but I'm not sure I would want the government knocking on my door to swab me whenever they please. I know that was not your point.

See to me that just doesn’t sound reasonable. Actually it sounds borderline irresponsible.

Well that's why they keep their numbers under a few hundred cases while we run 5 digit daily case increases DAILY.

There is a Lancet study that states that estimates have the false positive rate in the UK between 0.8 to 4%. Unless China has a much better test, false positives alone would run in the tens of thousands if you tested a high percentage of 3 million people.

China lied, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back