• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't put too much stock into the numbers they give out. Since so many people have it but dont have any symtoms, it's impossible to know what the death rate is. For all we know, 200 million could have it right now. If 200 million have it and 1,300 have died, that's a pretty low death rate.

Has anyone seen a report that gives a breakdown of survival rates for each age group? Mainly age groups with and without pre-existing conditions. For example people over 65 without pre-existing conditions, any guess but their survival rate is?

I just heard a report that a Kentucky representative is threatening to not support the stimulus package, which would mean all representatives would have to go back to DC for a quorum vote. What a tool.

I just heard a report that a Kentucky representative is threatening to not support the stimulus package, which would mean all representatives would have to go back to DC for a quorum vote. What a tool.
Yeah, I figured this package would never happen.

How do they even go about giving fines ? What about people just traveling through from another county or state who are not aware of the local SIP order ?

Regarding your first question, I asked my Brother who is a police officer who's city has a SIP in place. You get a citation.

Regarding your second question, Ignorance of the law is never a valid excuse.

How do they even go about giving fines ? What about people just traveling through from another county or state who are not aware of the local SIP order ?
They are more going after gatherings and businesses that violate it and stated transportation will not be limited. $1000 per offense or 60 days in jail. Bartow is mostly rural but Cartersville is fairly large so it's not feasible to lock down everyone but the businesses will be easy to manage.

Yeah, I figured this package would never happen.

The package will still happen (the House majority is Democrat); this just requires the House members to return to DC for an on-the-record vote. That way representatives will have to have their names attached to blatant pork like the $25 million going to the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts.

Cool. Let's bring 400+ members back into a room for a vote that could have been avoided, while we're advising social distancing. I wonder how many Congressman could get infected because of proving a point?

Regarding your first question, I asked my Brother who is a police officer who's city has a SIP in place. You get a citation.

Regarding your second question, Ignorance of the law is never a valid excuse.
They aren't going to start citing people unless they suspect blatant, repeated abuse. Yes they can and probably will give people citations if they see you gathering in larger groups or going into places that are not deemed essential

Pay attention to the crew of the aircraft carrier that is infected. You are about to see what a true distribution of illness looks like among the healthy, how fast it spreads and what herd immunity can do for all.

Yes, this is a different kind of isolated population than we've seen on cruise ships like the Diamond Princess, since so many cruise passengers tend to be elderly (there's a saying about cruises: the passengers are either newly wed or nearly dead).

Pay attention to the crew of the aircraft carrier that is infected. You are about to see what a true distribution of illness looks like among the healthy, how fast it spreads and what herd immunity can do for all.

Well all depending on the military to give us accurate information on what's going on there.

Cool. Let's bring 400+ members back into a room for a vote that could have been avoided, while we're advising social distancing. I wonder how many Congressman could get infected because of proving a point?

I read that they're going to try a quorum vote instead of calling for an emergency House meeting. Either way it's crazy.

Well all depending on the military to give us accurate information on what's going on there.
I have talked to a few connections in Coronado. They are having some people test positive so they suspended BUDS training. Puts my oldest son in a bind as he is set to sign his contract soon if he decides to go that route

@tramadoc I leaned on him man but now he is more eager than ever so that tells me what I needed to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back