• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The percentage of cases for the under 60 population has remained consistent for the last few days, hovering between 56% to 59%

View attachment 37945
Plenty of "younger" people still get it but its a lot less lethal. I'll be real curious in a few years to read back and see just how many had it and didn't know it.

North Carolina latest.
825 cases
77 hospitilized
Average age of infected: 41
4th day in a row increase by 100.
Mortality: 4 [ All men]
47% of cases are age 25-49
13% 18-24 age grouop
24% 50-64 age group
14% 65+
51% cases are women

33.8% of hospital beds are open, empty
Of 3,223 icu beds, 724 are empty.

Not sure how many test overall have been administered

North Carolina latest.
825 cases
77 hospitilized
13% 18-24 age grouop
24% 50-64 age group
14% 65+
51% cases are women

15,136 completed tests (according to this page)
https://www.ncdhhs.gov/covid-19-case-count-nc#county-map

North Carolina latest.
825 cases
77 hospitilized
13% 18-24 age grouop
24% 50-64 age group
14% 65+
51% cases are women

Maybe they could take some of the load off NYC?

By the way, It appears that the only metrics that matter are 1) number of infected people, 2) number of recovered people, 3) fatalities from the virus infection itself, not complicated by underlying conditions (for example, don't count people already weakened by a fight with cancer-cancer is the killer, not the virus. Any virus could have taken them out). Cases are irrelevant unless you are testing everyone.

I still think a sampling of the entire population, randomly selected is needed to better understand infected and recovered numbers. This information is needed to stop the panic. The panic and hysteria is the greater concern. Where are the tests?

Maybe they could take some of the load off NYC?

By the way, It appears that the only metrics that matter are 1) number of infected people, 2) number of recovered people, 3) fatalities from the virus infection itself, not complicated by underlying conditions (for example, don't count people already weakened by a fight with cancer-cancer is the killer, not the virus. Any virus could have taken them out). Cases are irrelevant unless you are testing everyone.

I still think a sampling of the entire population, randomly selected is needed to better understand infected and recovered numbers. This information is needed to stop the panic. The panic and hysteria is the greater concern. Where are the tests?
The vast majority of elderly (nearly 80%) have underlying conditions already. I think it's more useful to know differences in CFR rate between different underlying conditions so we know how to best treat it. I would think knowing CFR rate for elderly without underlying conditions is only useful as base of comparison, but that's just me.

The vast majority of elderly (nearly 80%) have underlying conditions already. I think it's more useful to know differences in CFR rate between different underlying conditions so we know how to best treat it. I would think knowing CFR rate for elderly without underlying conditions is only useful as base of comparison, but that's just me.
And this would be essential in prescribing preventative measures for susceptible people as well.

The imperial college model is still high if the countries following the strict social distancing remove those tactics. This is being represented by the admin as the model was wrong. Thats not accurate.

I can't agree with that completely. Yes, his idea is being misconstrued by many, but for him to come out and say that he now believes less than 20,000 will die(I found one thread where he mentioned 4700, but don't know validity) down from 500,000 just because Britain put in restrictions in the link below is a failure of his model. If he went from 60,000 to less than 20,000 I could completely understand, but the way I read this article, they are not sealed inside thier homes.

Pay attention to the crew of the aircraft carrier that is infected. You are about to see what a true distribution of illness looks like among the healthy, how fast it spreads and what herd immunity can do for all.
I'm watching and getting regular updates. My daughter-in-law is on that carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back