• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing was "overburdened" in early February - all the city government in NO had to do was issue a statement saying "We regret to announce that Mardi Gras events are cancelled this year". If that had been done, it's very possible NO wouldn't be dealing with twice the cases that metro Atlanta is dealing with right now.
:rolleyes: ugh, at no point did I say or imply the system was already overburdened in early February, in preparation for it to become overburdened federal resources should have already been deployed or in preparation to be deployed which they clearly weren't.

There's this thing called reading comprehension, I think you should give it a try.

Hey what do I know, I only spent 2 years in emergency management at the state level...

:rolleyes: ugh, at no point did I say or imply the system was already overburdened in early February, in preparation for it to become overburdened federal resources should have already been deployed or in preparation to be deployed which they clearly weren't.

There's this thing called reading comprehension, I think you should give it a try.

My original post was making the observation that it was insane the officials in Louisiana didn't cancel Mardi Gras, even after the global PHEIC and the national PHE were declared in late January. Perhaps you didn't "comprehend" that point:
1585694296405.png
Hey what do I know, I only spent 2 years in emergency management at the state level...

Argument from authority fallacy? Sad!

With the adjustments they made to the Georgia noon numbers, we will most likely pass 4000 confirmed cases when the 7:00 update is released. The updated noon numbers was 3929 cases and 111 deaths

My original post was making the observation that it was insane the officials in Louisiana didn't cancel Mardi Gras, even after the global PHEIC and the national PHE were declared in late January. Perhaps you didn't "comprehend" that point:
View attachment 38167

Argument from authority fallacy? Sad!

Don't forget about the part where you just put words in my mouth.

Hold up, you mean to tell me that with my two years of actual on-the-job experience, I can actually & rightfully say I probably know a lot more than you do about emergency management? What a revelation!

Oh, let's also not forget, you were the one that took it upon yourself and went completely out of your way to personally attack and lecture me about the incident command system.

You're adorable.

Early Feb you say.....on Feb 5, HHS Secretary Azar requested $2 billion to buy respirator masks & other supplies for the national stockpile, Trump cut that request by 75%...…..

Going to be over 700 deaths in the US probably today, Italy has over 800, Spain 700.....over 4k deaths worldwide....and that's with a lot of the world on lockdown....its easy to see how something like the Spanish Flu was so bad 100 yrs ago.

Chart Dr. Birx just showed on the briefing is scary. 100-240k US deaths IF we all follow the rules. Oh my god

Listening to the press conference, they crawfished a lot on that number. If I heard right, that projection is based on several big metros becoming like NYC and both DRs said we could go considerbly below it. Interesting enough, it was actually Trump who stepped in and reliterated the 100k was the lowest count.

Early Feb you say.....on Feb 5, HHS Secretary Azar requested $2 billion to buy respirator masks & other supplies for the national stockpile, Trump cut that request by 75%...…..

Going to be over 700 deaths in the US probably today, Italy has over 800, Spain 700.....over 4k deaths worldwide....and that's with a lot of the world on lockdown....its easy to see how something like the Spanish Flu was so bad 100 yrs ago.

Big shocker! Could you imagine if we accepted his request and better yet, decided both from a health and business standpoint to ramp up domestic production of respirators, N95 masks, starting then, where we'd be? Sure hindsight is 20-20, but what would we have honestly lost by that juncture by "overreacting" to this "hoax"? Even in the unlikely scenario disease was not a very big deal in the US, we could reasonably give away, or better yet sell these products at an affordable rate to other nations around the globe who needed them asap in the weeks that immediately followed and it would have created more jobs and you could argue, momentarily buttress our economy for the downward slide that was inevitably going to come knocking given other economies (esp China) were in shambles.

Even if you're a cold-hearted, completely unfeeling big whig in business, you have to admit from that standpoint this was arguably one of the dumbest purely business decisions the administration could have made. Live and learn.

Last edited:
Big shocker! Could you imagine if we accepted his request and better yet, decided both from a health and business standpoint to ramp up domestic production of respirators, N95 masks, starting then, where we'd be? Sure hindsight is 20-20, but what would we have honestly lost by that juncture by "overreacting" to this "hoax"? Even in the unlikely scenario disease was not a very big deal in the US, we could reasonably give away, or better yet sell these products at an affordable rate to other nations around the globe who needed them asap in the weeks that immediately followed and it would have created more jobs and you could argue, momentarily buttress our economy for the downward slide that was inevitably going to come knocking given other economies (esp China) were in shambles.

Add accepting the WHO tests when offered we could gave been way ahead of this.

Some of this is easy to see now. Hindsight is always 2020. President Trump had to go with the intelligence he was getting at the times. For instance, mid January the WHO said no human to human spread. Later Jan, Dr. Fauci said Americans in general don't need to worry about it.

Linkhttps://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/479939-government-health-agency-official-corona-virus-isnt-something-the

Also, President Trump was pretty distracted at the time. Remember the impeachment hearings. Immediately after that I do believe "some" Democrats, MSM were trying to use this politically whether they believed the virus was a problem or not, they could hurt Trump. Once the second week of March got here it became pretty obvious to all we have a problem. The degree is still debatable of course.

A lot of don't like President Trump in the first place while others of us do which makes us biased either way. I for one know President Trump isn't perfect. That's obvious! I do think he has done a pretty good job overall listening to his medical advisors and going with the info he had. Maybe a little slow. Just look at this board. All of us don't have all the same information he has and we all have different, sometimes quite passionate ideas, including myself.

Georgia 4117 and 125 deaths
My local county has slowed down a good bit and hopefully for good. We spiked early with that one church so hopefully we’ve turned a corner.

My local county has slowed down a good bit and hopefully for good. We spiked early with that one church so hopefully we’ve turned a corner.
our county is just south of yours and our numbers are steadily increasing. We are at 31 cases and just e days ago we weren’t half that

our county is just south of yours and our numbers are steadily increasing. We are at 31 cases and just e days ago we weren’t half that
That’s where we were not long ago. One choir practice blew up the counties numbers quickly.

Some of this is easy to see now. Hindsight is always 2020. President Trump had to go with the intelligence he was getting at the times. For instance, mid January the WHO said no human to human spread. Later Jan, Dr. Fauci said Americans in general don't need to worry about it.

Linkhttps://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/479939-government-health-agency-official-corona-virus-isnt-something-the

Also, President Trump was pretty distracted at the time. Remember the impeachment hearings. Immediately after that I do believe "some" Democrats, MSM were trying to use this politically whether they believed the virus was a problem or not, they could hurt Trump. Once the second week of March got here it became pretty obvious to all we have a problem. The degree is still debatable of course.

A lot of don't like President Trump in the first place while others of us do which makes us biased either way. I for one know President Trump isn't perfect. That's obvious! I do think he has done a pretty good job overall listening to his medical advisors and going with the info he had. Maybe a little slow. Just look at this board. All of us don't have all the same information he has and we all have different, sometimes quite passionate ideas, including myself.

Lol this is BS. Quit defending the man, he’s done a poor job. I could give you a million quotes that back this up but it would take all night. It’s just simply sad that we are seeing people continue to say he’s doing a good job. It’s sad.

He has no doubt, 110% changed his tone. (Which is a great thing)

He was being advised, but he no doubt ignored advice.

He WITHOUT DOUBT downplayed this, not just early on, but while it was ongoing. While deaths were occurring in the US he downplayed this, and Dr. Fauci contradicted him left and right.

I honesty can’t believe you’re mentioning Dr. Fauci in a poor light to defend trump. It’s because his advisers? Please.

No one was advising him correctly? Is that the defense? Is that why senators on the intel committee sold all their stocks when the Dow was still at 29k?? Trump’s government had the facts. The White House had the data and projections. Trump just thought with his wallet above American lives.

This graph is somewhat misleading since we dont have real total numbers of infected and dead worldwide. We only have the numbers we have and the trend among those numbers is a bit concerning when it comes to closed cases. We want these lines separating instead of tightening.

Attachments

• 20200331_192642.jpg
    20200331_192642.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 21
Kemp to hold a 5:00 briefing tomorrow. Waiting until 5:00 I’m not going to get my hopes up that a lot of useful info will come from it.

Lol this is BS. Quit defending the man, he’s done a poor job. I could give you a million quotes that back this up but it would take all night. It’s just simply sad that we are seeing people continue to say he’s doing a good job. It’s sad.

He WITHOUT DOUBT downplayed this, not just early on, but while it was ongoing. While deaths were occurring in the US he downplayed this, and Dr. Fauci contradicted him left and right.

I honesty can’t believe you’re mentioning Dr. Fauci in a poor light to defend trump. It’s because his advisers? Please.

No one was advising him correctly? Is that the defense? Is that why senators on the intel committee sold all their stocks when the Dow was still at 29k?? Trump’s government had the facts. The White House had the data and projections. Trump just thought with his wallet above American lives.
Dr. Fauci has said many of times, that Trump has done a good job.

Look, you can believe whatever you want. Obviously you hate President Trump, just like I mentioned in my post we all have our biasis. I gave you a direct quote from Dr Fauci when he didn't think it was a problem. It took awhile before he changed his tune. I sure sure don't remember him and Trump having big disagreements. It doesn't matter what I say as you obviously are not going to change your mind. He was most likely trying to stay optimistic. The intelligence committee, both parties, must have known it would at least cause stocks to fall, I give you that.

I don't appreciate appreciate you calling my post bs. I have my opinion and you have yours.

This graph is somewhat misleading since we dont have real total numbers of infected and dead worldwide. We only have the numbers we have and the trend among those numbers is a bit concerning when it comes to closed cases. We want these lines separating instead of tightening.
I don’t think the US has listed many if any recoveries yet. Not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back