• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is. There have been very few tests run.
Yeah I would have to agree here .. a lot of initial testing put out could have sent a lot of false negatives out to some people and the testing given out now is almost guaranteed to show a positive if you have the virus so I expect numbers to climb (to what extent i dont know ) in the coming days

It is. There have been very few tests run.

I know. I still think it is not spreading faster than expected though I think it is spreading somewhat fast, which has been expected. We'll see. Right now I see no need for massive panic and have a lot of hope this will never get too widespread. One thing that I think will help is that a lot of folks are already taking protective measures, deciding not to go to crowded events, etc. Also, I'm also hoping that getting further into spring will end up helping.

In the meantime, nonvaccinated folks should not forget about the flu, which kills tens of thousands a year.

Last edited:
I know. I still think it is not spreading faster than expected though I think it is spreading somewhat fast, which has been expected. We'll see. Right now I see no need for massive panic and have a lot of hope this will never get too widespread. One thing that I think will help is that a lot of folks are already taking protective measures, deciding not to go to crowded events, etc. Also, I'm also hoping that getting further into spring will end up helping.

In the meantime, nonvaccinated folks should not forget about the flu, which kills tens of thousands a year.

Flu shot effectiveness 34-45%. 16% for people over 65.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard on the news a few minutes ago that JP Morgan Bank was telling their employees to prepare to work from home where possible. They have 189,000 employees world wide.

A person died on Feb 13 and just now determined it was from the coronavirus. So the virus was there several weeks before suspected.

Attachments

• FA38D14A-73FA-42F3-AED7-A66714407B89.png
    FA38D14A-73FA-42F3-AED7-A66714407B89.png
    244.6 KB · Views: 12
9 dead in the U.S. now with only ~100 cases reported. I know the data set is small, but that's a high mortality rate.

It seems alarming but absolutely no conclusions can be drawn from that.

Sample size is way too small and there are likely thousands of cases walking around in the US at this time...just haven’t been tested yet. There is an immense lag time in data updates, deaths are reported immediately...can’t test someone unless they physically go to get tested.

9 dead in the U.S. now with only ~100 cases reported. I know the data set is small, but that's a high mortality rate.

It would be but there could easily already be 1,000 or even several thousands already infected.

Edit: Of course OTOH, there could also be some deaths from this that haven't been reported that way.

Last edited:
I wonder how many thousands are just walking around with the sniffles with hardly any symptoms?

This is extremely likely due to the incubation period and experts repeating that many younger patients have mild symptoms or are asymptomatic. It’s present in people walking around thinking they have a minor cold or allergies. Very likely 1000s of cases currently, and this is a shared opinion by experts in the US.

Has anyone seen the video of a person in a mask collapsing in NYC? Don't know if it's real but would like input from others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back