• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s time to panic, we need to keep watching and learning and act when it’s time. The US has done pretty well dealing with this type of outbreaks. I remember when people said the same thing about the bird flu, mad cow and H1N1 etc. I’m not downplaying it but it seems like a bad flu. Let’s hope it stays that way and we all need to be eating healthy, it’s amazing what a strong immune system can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think it’s time to panic, we need to keep watching and learning and act when it’s time. The US has done pretty well dealing with this type of outbreaks. I remember when people said the same thing about the bird flu, mad cow and H1N1 etc. I’m not downplaying it but it seems like a bad flu. Let’s hope it stays that way and we all need to be eating healthy, it’s amazing what a strong immune system can do.

That's why I asked why @Rain Cold was already concluding that this is THE worst outbreak in 100 years (since Spanish Flu).

All the ppl saying this is a bad flu? we are about to see shortages on a lot of stuff we buy, No matter if this things skips the usa. I have seen alerts being lifted in china, will this cause a 2nd wave?
The dow is turning nasty again. And to those that are getting prepared bravo. CDC has stated this may likely be a real burger

DrNancyM_CDC says Americans need to get prepared for potential for COVID19 to spread in communities here. Ask children's schools, daycares about plans for closures, tele-school; explore possibilities to work remotely; options for telemedicine

There's no doubt seeing these reports coming out of Italy is reason for concern.

Got to found out the ages and heath charts. The common flu kills a lot of people each day. The media puts out numbers to freak people out and it’s working. I want to see a healthy 20-40 year old die with no underlining heath issue. That is the test to see how bad this virus really is. ( again my opinion only).

What if we did it? If we used bioweapons I would think we have a vaccine or cure. I don't think we did, just saying. Trump being in India seems like a good indicator of it not being very dangerous.

Im no conspiracy person or in any way believe we did. That said anyone would be crazy to say it wasn’t possible. The tariffs and then all of a sudden a economic crippling virus hits? It’s a very interesting thought that no one wants to entertain despite how unlikely it is.

DrNancyM_CDC says Americans need to get prepared for potential for COVID19 to spread in communities here. Ask children's schools, daycares about plans for closures, tele-school; explore possibilities to work remotely; options for telemedicine
I'm not seeing this anywhere from them... do you have a valid source?

There's no doubt seeing these reports coming out of Italy is reason for concern.

All of them were 80+ with existing health issues though which seems to be the common theme in developed countries. So far it seems like if you have any respiratory issues and you're 70+ you are high risk but if not then it doesn't appear to be too bad.

I ended up getting H1N1 (swine flu) back in 2010, I’ve said it before But I was the worst illness I’ve ever gotten, had a fever of 104.1, vomiting and Severe flu symptoms that was beginning to manifest into pneumonia, I had a completely healthy immune system back then, now I don’t, and mind you the death rate for that was only 0.1%

I had it also, and it was the weakest form of flu I’ve ever had. It had a higher rate of vomiting that others though so it was more of a pain in the butt.

COVID-19: Iran deputy health minister tests positive for coronavirus
Iran's deputy health minister has been infected with the new coronavirus, a ministry official said on Tuesday, February 25, amid a major outbreak in the Islamic republic.

Got to found out the ages and heath charts. The common flu kills a lot of people each day. The media puts out numbers to freak people out and it’s working. I want to see a healthy 20-40 year old die with no underlining heath issue. That is the test to see how bad this virus really is. ( again my opinion only).

And the DOW needed a market correction. We are over due so I wouldn’t worry to much about that unless you are planning on retiring soon. The market freaks out over the smallest worry and then rebounds even higher soon after. It’s a good strategy the suites do to make more money long term. Mine took a big hit the past few days but it’s normal and it calculated in my portfolio. I had a stress test a few weeks ago.

How about 2 young chinese doctors?

I had it also, and it was the weakest form of flu I’ve ever had. It had a higher rate of vomiting that others though so it was more of a pain in the butt.
Interesting, just goes to show anyone can have different severity with the same virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back