• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting my paycheck tommorow, and I already plan on buying several canned items/dry items that don’t go old, and some more fluid for my breathing treatment thingy (what I use when my asthma flares up) , ain’t taking no risks, not panicking, just getting prepared early in the game

Mountain House freeze dried food I highly recommend. You can buy it in large cans, has a shelf life of up to 30 years as long as it's not opened and is easy to use once opened. Simply heat up some boiling water and mix it up and let it sit a few mins for a nice hot meal! Campers use the stuff quite a bit.

Maybe it's ignorance on their part, maybe it's playing with politics, maybe it's not as bad as many think or maybe their just trying to not create panic. Let's face it, whatever he says will be praised by some and ridiculed by others, no matter how right or wrong his words. At least for now maybe the prudent approach is to carry on in public as if this isn't a big deal and be prepared otherwise behind the scenes. I mean can you imagine the absolute chaos that would ensue if he actually came out and stated it was much worse than feared, it's in the US, we need to take action now? You've seen the run on grocery stores for a 2" snowfall forecast right?
It's a combination of all three, plus normalcy bias. We haven't seen a virus like this in a century. There's a balance between measured messaging the seriousness of the situation and all out panic. You have a background situation where the tide is slowly rolling out, revealing the corruption of governments all over the world. Now, you have what amounts to Leslie Nielsen in the Naked Gun, shouting there's nothing to see here, as the compound is exploding in the background, with governments all over the world. People are really going to really lose faith in leadership that either isn't honest or is completely inept. You can indicate that it's time to prepare or you can wait until the mess hits the fan and be 3 steps behind. That snowstorm scenario will be a reality that might not be able to be easily overcome in the latter scenario.

I'm not trying to bash Trump, but he would do himself a great service to address the issue head-on, build his credibility, prepare his country, and stop the stock market nonsense for a while.

While I don't think anything too bad is going to occur from a societal angle. Below link is a decent list of minimal basics. @Jimmy Hypocracy your N95 mask made the list. :)
I noticed they forgot ammo..... ?

It's a combination of all three, plus normalcy bias. We haven't seen a virus like this in a century. There's a balance between measured messaging the seriousness of the situation and all out panic. You have a background situation where the tide is slowly rolling out, revealing the corruption of governments all over the world. Now, you have what amounts to Leslie Nielsen in the Naked Gun, shouting there's nothing to see here, as the compound is exploding in the background, with governments all over the world. People are really going to really lose faith in leadership that either isn't honest or is completely inept. You can indicate that it's time to prepare or you can wait until the mess hits the fan and be 3 steps behind. That snowstorm scenario will be a reality that might not be able to be easily overcome in the latter scenario.

I'm not trying to bash Trump, but he would do himself a great service to address the issue head-on, build his credibility, prepare his country, and stop the stock market nonsense for a while.
I don't see how you can inform and prepare the country without causing panic. Just look at snow storms around here.

While I don't think anything too bad is going to occur from a societal angle. Below link is a decent list of minimal basics. @Jimmy Hypocracy your N95 mask made the list. :)
I noticed they forgot ammo..... ?

I bought 300 shotgun shells and 500 38 special rounds yesterday afternoon. At worst, I have a lot of target ammo to burn through this spring.

Now I’m worried the website I bought the N95 masks off of might be on delay..I’m just not sure because many places seem to be out of stock the more I dig into it..

I bought 300 shotgun shells and 500 38 special rounds yesterday afternoon. At worst, I have a lot of target ammo to burn through this spring.

Now I’m worried the website I bought the N95 masks off of might be on delay..I’m just not sure because many places seem to be out of stock the more I dig into it..
I haven't allowed myself to prepare like this yet. I'm not sure I can handle thinking about doing more than finding a way to feed everyone off the land. If I have to defend it things will be so bad I don't like to go there yet.

Until I’m on my death bed or someone I care about is I would laugh at anyone who brings this virus up to me. Sorta like the civil war in Virginia happening. Hot garbage for sell.

I haven't allowed myself to prepare like this yet. I'm not sure I can handle thinking about doing more than finding a way to feed everyone off the land. If I have to defend it things will be so bad I don't like to go there yet.
I like to target practice on the weekends ??‍♂️ coronavirus was mainly an excuse for me to load up on ammo lol

You said we haven’t seen a virus like this in a century. On what are you basing this so conclusively? Do you have a link? TIA

Until I’m on my death bed or someone I care about is I would laugh at anyone who brings this virus up to me. Sorta like the civil war in Virginia happening. Hot garbage for sell.
Mainly put on hold because the weapon ban was shot down in the VA senate..but that’s neither here nor there

You said we haven’t seen a virus like this in a century. On what are you basing this so conclusively? Do you have a link? TIA
I could be wrong but I think RC is referencing the Spanish flu. I know that’s where my mind went when this thing seemed to break containment

Spanish Flu of 1918 perhaps? 675,000 Americans killed and 20 - 50 million worldwide.

I honestly think this is still to be determined, initial thoughts of ebola was along the same lines.... again the misinformation from other governments contributes to this. It may very well be that bad but time will tell.

As far as Trump goes I'd take the same approach honestly, no need to promote panic and the fact they are asking for 2.5 billion dollars of funding should indicate it is being taken seriously.

Comparing a few thousand angry gun owners talking about a pipe dream civil war to a potential pandemic is bird brained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back