• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Trump is way behind the curve with this and the wait and see attitude

"Wait and see attitude"? The administration started taking steps in late January, such as HHS declaring a Public Health Emergency back on Jan. 31st, and placing travel restrictions on foreign nationals who had recently visited China (which some Democrat politicians promptly lost their minds about):

schumer travel china.jpg

"Wait and see attitude"? The administration started taking steps in late January, such as HHS declaring a Public Health Emergency back on Jan. 31st, and placing travel restrictions on foreign nationals who had recently visited China (which some Democrat politicians promptly lost their minds about):

View attachment 36705

Yeah it looks like the travel ban bought us some additional time. It was heavily criticized at the time but looks like it was a good move overall in delaying the transmission to the US.

Reading through the SK news.

Bad news is critical cases has ticked up to 17. Now whether that is just up from yesterday or if it is just an better update to old numbers I don’t know. I know the update also charts the 30 or so ”serious” cases for the first time so the number the past few days may have been incomplete.

The bad but good for general population news:

So far, 28 people, most of whom had underlying illnesses, have died here from COVID-19, which first emerged in China. Six deaths were reported Monday, including of an 82-year-old man and an 87-year-old woman.

The good news:

About 57 percent of confirmed cases have been linked to a branch of the Shincheonji religious sect in the southeastern city of Daegu. Most confirmed cases with unknown origins in Daegu and North Gyeongsang Province, the epicenters of the virus outbreak here, are believed to be tied to the religious group, officials said.

Still looks like exponential growth still isn’t happening in the general population.

the great news:

Currently, there is no evidence that the new coronavirus is airborne. The World Health Organization said the virus is transmitted through droplets or close contact. The best measure to protect yourself from the virus is to wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds and avoid mass gatherings, health officials said.

I take Nature’s Truth 1000mg (legally not allowed to recommend, just stating what I take!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Yeah, I know. The whole non-partisan and “stay in your lane, you’re a pharmacist, not a doctor” thing. I appreciate knowing what you take though.

Reactions: Jon
This just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. As if worrying about Karen and her unvaccinated crotch goblins weren’t enough...

The Dow has quickly come back 30% (1.5K) of the 5K drop that ended intraday Friday! That's pretty impressive!

Virtually everything is strong today including crude being up $2.33.

Make that now an even more impressive 40% come back from the Friday interim low in the span of just over one trading day! 2,000 points! Wow!

China’s efforts seem to be working unless there’s some reason new cases aren’t being reported.

24988e0b45ecdad63a255ccc952ed7bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t trust data coming out of China. Italy and SK are good places to look for true data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back