• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh hes Not saying it’s nothing!! Do u watch the press conferences as of recent ... he even states that it could become a bigger deal but that we must rejoice in the fact that it’s not super widespread like it is in other countries at the moment ... so there’s a possibility we can really control and contain the few cases that pop up here and there across the country .. him and CDC officials and health officials during the presser all day the same thing .. and so far he’s been right and health officials have been right .. yes it’s spreading because that’s what viruses do but also yes they are minor cases that are quarantined and heavily tracked down to create less cases and contain the situation
Dollars to donuts there is wide community spread going undetected in the US right now. If you have been following the actual progression of the virus from infection to death or recovery, this would be pretty self-evident. I think they want to keep the numbers down RIGHT NOW to keep life going on as usual. It's more of an image thing than reality. And I understand why they would want to do that. In the long run, I think we end up at the same place.

Yes I've seen everything he has said about this. what the media and other government's are doing and syaing, vs trump and a few others this will amount to nothing (small fries) just asking if trump is right what was gained or trying to be gained from this. I don't believe you shutdown the system for a 2% death rate, Nor lockdown cities
Maybe I'm wrong there are lots that just don't add up.

Dow up over 700/near high of day and up 1,400 above the Fri intraday low! Hopefully that Fri low will end up as THE low of this mess. Remember that these markets are forward looking. An anticipated 50-75 basis point cut can't hurt either.

Dollars to donuts there is wide community spread going undetected in the US right now. If you have been following the actual progression of the virus from infection to death or recovery, this would be pretty self-evident. I think they want to keep the numbers down RIGHT NOW to keep life going on as usual. It's more of an image thing than reality. And I understand why they would want to do that. In the long run, I think we end up at the same place.

Yeah at this point probably thousands or even 10's of thousands of Americans have it or have been exposed.....some wont ever even get sick from it so the true numbers are next to impossible to know. I agree not doing widespread testing is on purpose to keep the number low to prevent panic etc....not sure if I agree with this policy seems to me we want to know how bad and how far it has spread...the fact there are cases in the 4 corners of the country tell you its already spreading everywhere. I feel like Trump is way behind the curve with this and the wait and see attitude or reliance on the country being healthy is gonna get a lot of older people with health problems killed, we need to be aggressively out trying to localize and contain the worse outbreaks and it feels like that is the opposite of what is happening and by the time they pull the trigger on that kind of action it will already be too late for a lot of people.

Dow up over 700/near high of day and up 1,400 above the Fri intraday low! Hopefully that Fri low will end up as THE low of this mess. Remember that these markets are forward looking. An anticipated 50-75 basis point cut can't hurt either.

That is a big player, hopefully today isn't a dead cat bounce.....

Yes I've seen everything he has said about this. what the media and other government's are doing and syaing, vs trump and a few others this will amount to nothing (small fries) just asking if trump is right what was gained or trying to be gained from this. I don't believe you shutdown the system for a 2% death rate, Nor lockdown cities
Maybe I'm wrong there are lots that just don't add up.
I think it is mostly due to the just in time or just enough healthcare systems that we all have in place. This virus is highly contagious, with a much higher severe complication rate than the flu. We don't have the hospital beds or necessary equipment to be able to treat and manage a large influx of people on top of what is already coming in with the regular flu and other things. Couple that with the economic and social issues that would arise if everyone panics at the same time, and you have a crisis on your hands.

I think they're doing their best to downplay and delay right now. They're 100% running a marketing campaign rather than a pandemic containment strategy. But as I said, I think we will get to the panic phase and the overwhelmed healthcare phase, at least in spots.

And this goes back to "There can't be an outbreak if there is no testing" logic. Purposefully being slow or not being able to test so everything looks fine. No I'm not saying it's the end of the world but rather that I'm sure they're just doing panic control.

The Dow has quickly come back 30% (1.5K) of the 5K drop that ended intraday Friday! That's pretty impressive!

Virtually everything is strong today including crude being up $2.33.

Yeah at this point probably thousands or even 10's of thousands of Americans have it or have been exposed.....some wont ever even get sick from it so the true numbers are next to impossible to know. I agree not doing widespread testing is on purpose to keep the number low to prevent panic etc....not sure if I agree with this policy seems to me we want to know how bad and how far it has spread...the fact there are cases in the 4 corners of the country tell you its already spreading everywhere. I feel like Trump is way behind the curve with this and the wait and see attitude or reliance on the country being healthy is gonna get a lot of older people with health problems killed, we need to be aggressively out trying to localize and contain the worse outbreaks and it feels like that is the opposite of what is happening and by the time they pull the trigger on that kind of action it will already be too late for a lot of people.

Honestly I don't think there's any containing this no matter who is in charge at the CDC, president or other position that has an influence on this. China basically shut everything down for several weeks and longer in other places which didn't work since it's all over the world now. It's likely going to be something we have to deal with each year like the flu/common cold with the severity of it TBD. Even if we tried to contain it in America there is no way you can keep people all over the world who fly into the US every single day from spreading it unless you shut down all international flights/borders which is not practical and would cause more harm than good by potentially severely disrupting the economy. Add in the fact that there are probably hundreds if not more who may have it in the US with only mild symptoms and never go to the doctor to get it diagnosed, it's simply not possible IMO to contain it at this point in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back