• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*only posts at most 4-5 times a year*

*immediately begins personally attacking people*

*complains about getting personally attacked*

View attachment 38206

You mean like you did?

So, you're admitting you cherry picked data, to present a false narrative to generate 'Likes'?

Let me know when you're actually gonna stay on topic in the thread today & not overload it w/ baseless personal attacks towards other posters with whom you don't agree with.

I have always loved learning things on this board. My family was always impressed when I knew stuff about the weather before tv weather people would mention anything.

They laughed at me but now thankful that I knew to start getting supplies and stocking up on food long before the panic buying started.

I know everyone handles the stress of this situation differently. And stress and anxiety is revealed in different ways. But I would like to continue to come to this forum and learn about the virus and what is happening. I deliberately stay out of the political thread. But I can no longer tell the difference I want to learn how it’s spreading where it’s slowing down, possible treatments, etc. Not who are we blaming. Can we please keep this thread free of political opinion and arguing. Thanks for everything I have gained in my knowledge of weather and the virus
I feel the same way. I will pledge to keep this thread informative rather than what it’s become. No more purely political posts or personal attacks. Keep it friendly or go elsewhere.

Can we get clarification from a Mod or Admin on where to draw the line on politics in this thread? There does seem to be a difference of opinion on this.

Can we get clarification from a Mod or Admin on where to draw the line on politics in this thread? There does seem to be a difference of opinion on this.
Apparently you and many others missed my explanation awhile back so let me say it again:
*Saying a governor is taking this action or deciding not to in a bipartisan objective way: YES
*Saying you feel like the action being taken is not adequate and there needs to be more taken because states who took action are faring better: Yes (as long as it doesn't become partisan)
*Saying Trump is an idiot for not using the playbook or he's doing so great of a job we need to nickname this the Uncle Don cocktail : NO
*Saying that we are doomed economically if we take no action: NO

Other things to note:

Bashing others no matter what is NOT ALLOWED

Posting clickbait BS that isn't factual I'm going to say don't spread misinformation so that I'll say isn't allowed. Saying CNN or Fox is fake or whatever is political and isn't allowed. Refrain from posting things from alt left or right sites and calling them sources. If it quotes a reliable source, use that instead.

Stock market stuff keep in the stock market thread.

Economy suffering or not keep in the political thread.

Bringing religion into this is NOT ALLOWED

I advise also not to post baiting comments such as "oh this is overblown". That belongs in either political if it's aiming at a political figure, network, or party, or the banter thread if you're just venting. DO NOT target other members.

And most importantly remember this is about discussing the virus and information around it. Not a thread for pushing political ideologies or such related ideals. KEEP IT OBJECTIVE.

Do also read what SD is about to post as it may contrast from what I've said.

Examples
I believe the governmental response was too slow here is why__________. This to me is fine.

I believe the governmental response was acceptable to good here is why _______. This to me is fine.

I believe Trump is a moron or the greatest president ever is not fine. This goes in the political thread.

If poster A says the govt response was too slow because of (insert facts) and poster B says well yes but that is because (facts) this is fine.

If poster B says I think the best job that could be done was fine because (facts) and poster A says I believe we failed because (facts) this is fine.

If poster A says the response was too slow without facts that's no bueno.

If poster B says there response was great but no facts that's no good.

If either poster A or B present their facts and the other poster says anything back that is personal and not factual the responding party is now social distanced from this thread for 90 days.

If your local government isnt issuing a SIP or removing one you are allowed to voice concerns, do not criticize.

If you believe the govt is using the virus to steal freedoms you can post that with factual believable evidence. Simply saying Merica! Freedom! Gets your post deleted and likely a round of face palms.

If you believe the govt isn't doing enough to protect you that's fine to voice your concern but please elaborate. Saying we aren't doing enough with no substance will get deleted. Tell us why or what additionally can be done to protect us from the virus.

Is this good enough?

Also only 19 counties don't have the virus now. Keeps going down every day. Union, Towns, and Elbert are all what's left north of ATL from east to west of the city northward.
Build a wall! Graham County NC practically did.

Could all of you guys stop with the back and forth? Save it for the politics thread. I try coming here for data and facts.
Btw Cuomo reported deaths in NY today. Roughly 400-500 just in NY.
The politics and economics of the virus would be fine in this thread if everyone would get off of their soapboxes. If this is how society is going to move through the rest of the virus I fear for us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back