• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not the time and place to spout your personal views on religion and abortion.

Thanks in advance,

Everyone.
It's always nice to see you policing the people who post off topic. But it's seems your policing only applies to the people who's off topic opinions or religious views you disagree with. Leave the policing to the mods, because you are only adding to the problem. Even though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I probably can't stand up to your medical, emergency management, or first hand china virus knowledge so this will probably get policed too.

It's always nice to see you policing the people who post off topic. But it's seems your policing only applies to the people who's off topic opinions or religious views you disagree with. Leave the policing to the mods, because you are only adding to the problem. Even though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I probably can't stand up to your medical, emergency management, or first hand china virus knowledge so this will probably get policed too.
Why are you drying out your laundry here you are part of the problem just private message him or shut up please.

I think saying its garbage may be a step too far. It might simply be fine tuning its predictions as more data is gathered. I hesitate to argue too strongly for/against, until we see how this thing verifies.

I will say its currently predicting 93,765 deaths by 8/4/20, which is lower than the 100k-200k stated by the President and his advisors. Maybe they are basing estimates on another model, or assuming this one will trend upward. Or some of those deaths could occur after August? I dunno.

Mostly the reason I say it’s garbage is it pretty much based on daily fatality rate. For instance yesterday morning it showed AL at 1134 deaths and this morning it had AL over 7000 deaths. The only thing that changed is AL added 12 deaths, most of which has happened in the days prior, but was just under investigation. But using those daily numbers, it printed out 7 times more deaths. MS on the other hand dropped to right around a 1000 deaths on the model and 2500 in GA.

The model may perform great, but I think it has to have consistent average results inputted.

I’ve come to the conclusion that it is garbage. Doing some thinking and calculating today. Yesterday it had Alabama peaking at 1134 deaths overall and peaking at 37 deaths a day on April 20th. Assuming a ten day lag in deaths and a fatality rate among known cases of 2% or 20/1000. By April 10 we should be logging confirmed rates of close to 2,000 a day to get to the 37 deaths a day.

The rates we have today are just beginning to show the results of “closing all nonessential businesses” with possibly more restrictions coming and the fact that BHM is shelter in place.

The model could end up correct, but I’m guessing it’s vastly overstated or completely garbage on peak times. Not to mention it is seemly based mostly on daily deaths for calculations.
I've questioned their overall hospital bed numbers and whether they are including non-Covid patients. If they aren't then their numbers are way off based on the actual numbers now.

I’d like to see a way that we keep our Democratic Republic’s collective regulations as far as our elected officials are concerned, intact. So far as the elections go, this is a cornerstone of our Democratic process and it must not be violated. Coronavirus be damned. The elections must go on, one way or another.
I'll go to the polls regardless but may have some hand sanitizer with me.

2f7f404f7205eb31e5a643b8b358f624.jpg

I hate nasal testing. If I get only mild symptoms you better believe I’m not going to get tested I will stay at home.

Yeah I hope election officials are planning now on what to do if we have a 2nd wave of this in the fall around election time. If it’s a bad wave or similar to this one, having people across the country gathering to vote could be very risky/deadly. Not sure if they can come up with a better system, perhaps where people could vote electronically from home or something like that. Hopefully we don’t have a second wave or we have a better solution to deal with it if so.
Ha!. Cant wait to see the race card on that one.....It will be yuge!

Mostly the reason I say it’s garbage is it pretty much based on daily fatality rate. For instance yesterday morning it showed AL at 1134 deaths and this morning it had AL over 7000 deaths. The only thing that changed is AL added 12 deaths, most of which has happened in the days prior, but was just under investigation. But using those daily numbers, it printed out 7 times more deaths. MS on the other hand dropped to right around a 1000 deaths on the model and 2500 in GA.

The model may perform great, but I think it has to have consistent average results inputted.
That's a fair point. I've noticed daily fatality rate is much less predictable than new cases when looking at other countries. If the model is heavily based on daily fatality rate, then that would explain the odd fluctuations like you mentioned.

It's amazing how it doesn't matter if it's a thread on politics,weather, religion, sports or the novel coronavirus every time abortion is brought up the conversation is ugly. Can everyone please just stop with the childish behavior. I have four kids that are handling this isolation better than a few here.

Pentagon has yet to send ventilators out because they don’t know who needs them. If you or a family member can’t breath please contact the Pentagon and have them send one to your hospital of choice. Thanks. Source: Front Page of Reddit

Pro tip: The next time you attempt to single out an individual or group of people for expressing an overwhelming, majority opinion on something and immediately hurl personal attacks their way, particularly on a topic that has absolutely nothing to do w/ the discussion at hand, you should seriously consider taking a minute to critically think about what you're going to say or type, because it'll probably come back to haunt you. Perhaps just not say anything at all if you have nothing of substance to add is the best course of action, especially if you want to hold onto any shred of credibility you have left or avoid getting banned.

That's a fair point. I've noticed daily fatality rate is much less predictable than new cases when looking at other countries. If the model is heavily based on daily fatality rate, then that would explain the odd fluctuations like you mentioned.

Something else to watch, in both China(even considering the likely cheated numbers) and Italy. It seems that this Virus hits one place extremely hard, yet much less in other regions. I imagine conditions are just right and as a result it explodes while everywhere else really lock down. I imagine it will happen here the same way and kind of already is. The worst NYC gets, the better off the rest of the country probably will be due to watching and taking heed.

I hate nasal testing. If I get only mild symptoms you better believe I’m not going to get tested I will stay at home.
I got a flu test for the first time last year and I had no idea they were going to scrub my brain. I asked her why I needed the tissue she handed me and she said you'll see.

Pentagon has yet to send ventilators out because they don’t know who needs them. If you or a family member can’t breath please contact the Pentagon and have them send one to your hospital of choice. Thanks. Source: Front Page of Reddit
Could always just ask for 40,000 give or take and hoard them in a warehouse somewhere just in case ;-)

Couldnt agree with you anymore. This guy is a joke.

I got a flu test for the first time last year and I had no idea they were going to scrub my brain. I asked her why I needed the tissue she handed me and she said you'll see.
I better know for a fact I have corona if I want time paid off. Bird brain small will kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back