• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not had time to catchup/read this thread for a few days, but I've heard some things and need to state the following:

Personal attacks are not allowed.
Threats are not allowed.

Wishing death on anyone or anything is not allowed.

Just curious is there absolute proof, because you love to speak in absolutes, that Trump cares more about the stock market then human lives? Not opinions, but facts..... I mean those of us who are pro-life could certainly argue that every single Democratic nominee cares more about their position of power than human lives (over 40 million dead unborn children are pretty strong facts for that)

Trump measures his level of success almost solely against the outcome of the stock market, he's become visibly worried and paranoid about his re-election bid because of it. He immediately dismissed the coronavirus as just another flu virus in a recent press conference and said the death rates were similar even when presented w/ actual facts that they weren't (in fact orders of magnitude different). He also said in a rally on Feb 10th in Manchester, NH that : "Looks like by April, ya know in theory, it (the coronavirus) miraculously goes away". When in fact now it seems like the opposite is actually going to occur. ?‍♀️

He's completely inept and out of touch w/ reality & doing everything in his power to dismiss any concern whatsoever about CoV-19 when people should actually be legitimately concerned and at the very least prepared. The US & global stock markets are a reflection of this fear

I'm not comparing the pathogens; the point is that the executive branch will face severe political criticisms no matter what actions they take (or do not take).

Ok but common sense should tell you that taking little-no action against CoV-19 which the WHO has deemed to be a "very high" threat to the globe and the CDC says it's very likely to significantly impact the US and the head of the CDC produces statements like

It’s not so much of a question of if this will happen anymore but rather more of a question of exactly when this will happen...”,

“We are asking the American public to work with us to prepare, in the expectation that this could be bad,

The continued denial from Trump and his administration that anything of note is happening, we have it "completely under control" (when it hasn't even reached the US yet in earnest) and everything will be okay is a really horrible look for the president. I also voted for Trump in 2016 soooo....

I have not had time to catchup/read this thread for a few days, but I've heard some things and need to state the following:

Personal attacks are not allowed.
Threats are not allowed.

Wishing death on anyone or anything is not allowed.

Oh come on. What about Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot? If they were still here could we wish it on them or is that a hard no?

The Dow has tumbled 16% since its previous highs earlier this year and almost all of that has occurred in just 4-5 days, we're well beyond the onset of correction territory at this point & we're starting to rival the crash in the 2008-09 economic crisis.

S&P down 2.74% today. NASDAQ down 2.03% today. Dow Jones down 3.01% today. Dow was 28,402 to open the week. Currently at 24,990. Doesn’t look like we will hit the 18% loss record for a week that we had during the last crisis.

MSNBC stock reporter says it’s not a panic sell off, just a hard sell off.

I'm not sure if it's true but I read that a majority if not all airbags are made in China. If China stops shipping them how long before car factories start shutting down? This is just a small example of the potential disruption that can start to happen

S&P down 2.74% today. NASDAQ down 2.03% today. Dow Jones down 3.01% today. Dow was 28,402 to open the week. Currently at 24,990. Doesn’t look like we will hit the 18% loss record for a week that we had during the last crisis.

My guess we hit 23. Lots of people are going to be happy and wealthier in a few quarters when we get back close to 30 again. The market is a long term risk. Very normal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think the market is in “panic” mode yet. If it drops below the 20 percent barrier then maybe.

Panic mode is official once we break the 18% tumble for a week. Aren’t close to that yet. At 14.73% in losses for the week. The percentages are what you want to really pay attention to, not the numerical.

Trump measures his level of success almost solely against the outcome of the stock market, he's become visibly worried and paranoid about his re-election bid because of it. He immediately dismissed the coronavirus as just another flu virus in a recent press conference and said the death rates were similar even when presented w/ actual facts that they weren't (in fact orders of magnitude different). He also said in a rally on Feb 10th in Manchester, NH that : "Looks like by April, ya know in theory, it (the coronavirus) miraculously goes away". When in fact now it seems like the opposite is actually going to occur. ?‍♀️

He's completely inept and out of touch w/ reality & doing everything in his power to dismiss any concern whatsoever about CoV-19 when people should actually be legitimately concerned and at the very least prepared. The US & global stock markets are a reflection of this fear

Ok but common sense should tell you that taking little-no action against CoV-19 which the WHO has deemed to be a "very high" threat to the globe and the CDC says it's very likely to significantly impact the US and the head of the CDC produces statements like

It’s not so much of a question of if this will happen anymore but rather more of a question of exactly when this will happen...”,

“We are asking the American public to work with us to prepare, in the expectation that this could be bad,

The continued denial from Trump and his administration that anything of note is happening, we have it "completely under control" (when it hasn't even reached the US yet in earnest) and everything will be okay is a really horrible look for the president. I also voted for Trump in 2016 soooo....
Idk the statement he measures his level of success almost solely against the outcome of the stock market and his visibly worried/paranoid about re-election seems more opinionated than fact but I digress. And I'll agree probably not smart to claim the coronavirus is just another flu virus, considering over 13 million flu cases, over 120K flu hospitalizations and over 6600 flu related deaths just this flu season, yeah the flu seems much closer to a pandemic then covid-19.

I watched his news conference the other night and sure some will say his remarks were "out of touch" or "contradictory", etc... but to me, they were very honest. When asked about the CDC claims that it was not a question of if but when and if he supported that, he response was basically, I don't think that is inevitable (which I agreed, nobody knows the future for sure) and he then stated it may not be that bad or it could be that bad, hey basically we don't know, but we're prepared. I'd love to know what exactly he or anyone else could've done to prevent this.... many tend to forget or ignore the fact that he almost immediately put travel restrictions into place to/from the most highly infected areas. That alone, no doubt, at least slowed the spread of the virus to our country. Also nobody likes to mention this but we still have an issue with undetected illegals or all nationalities that cross our borders every single day, who knows who they have come into contact with and where, so no way of knowing what they may or may not have transmitted here.

Personally I think it's too early for anyone to claim what this virus may look like by the time April rolls around, the POTUS, me, you or anyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back