• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as much as you think or see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty obvious that hardly anyone takes what he says seriously and contradicting his own advisors that are experts in the health field during a press conference & trying to give people a false sense of security when there is none certainly instills absolutely no confidence in anyone.

It's pretty obvious that hardly anyone takes what he says seriously and contradicting his own advisors that are experts in the health field during a press conference & trying to give people a false sense of security when there is none certainly instills absolutely no confidence in anyone.
Exactly. Trump could potentially take control of the situation and lead the world in handling this problem. A lack of confidence in all world government at this time is driving this panic.

The most powerful man in the world doesn't effect world markets?
Major reductions in Asian industrial outputs, reduced commodities demand, the collapse of oil prices, disruptions to international travel and supply chains, currency exchange volatility, etc etc have far more impact on the global capital markets than anything the US president might say or do.

Major reductions in Asian industrial outputs, reduced commodities demand, the collapse of oil prices, disruptions to international travel and supply chains, currency exchange volatility, etc etc have far more impact on the global capital markets than anything the US president might say or do.
I never said he was the cause, but he isn't helping like he could.

I'm not sure if this has been added to the discussion, but Dr. John Campbell has lots of great info on his videos on YouTube. He gives daily updates on the numbers of infected and the deaths from the disease. He also has good info on other things with the virus. I'm sure there are other discussions there, but I find that his videos are great. He doesn't mince words. He tells it like it is.

Also, I have to travel to Romania for work at the end of March. I've actually been looking forward to the trip, and I will be disappointed if it gets cancelled. Who knows where we will be in a month.

Unfortunately, people on both sides of the political aisle are using this to score political points. In the end, I trust that the government will do what it can to stop the spread of the virus. But that could only be because I’ve read too many Jack Ryan novels.

We should reverse today in the market. The market is now pricing in a 100% 25 bps rate cut in March and a 72% chance of a 50 bps cut. Also the CB's around the world will most likely act together to flood the economies with liquidity.

Exactly. Trump could potentially take control of the situation and lead the world in handling this problem. A lack of confidence in all world government at this time is driving this panic.

You know why he hasnt, probably because hes in the same boat as us, holding pattern between cold that causes pneumonia in elderly/comprised, virus X, or in between.
Ive been reading at nauseaism ,keeping up since January and still have a hard time discerning exactly what we are dealing with here. So if you go full bore and it turns out this is just another strain of bad flu for practical purposes, then look at the uneccesary damage. Vice versa you go soft and it turns out to be virus X, then your playing catch up, instead of being out front.
Trump doesnt have the luxury of trusting a lot of government departmental personal. To many snakes in the wood pile that are working against this administration. Its ashame,but thats the way it is. I see nothing wrong to this point with the approach the administartion is taking. Really not much they can do except bend over backwarrds to suport the infastructure [medical facilities] be able to handle the demand . Highly contagious Viruses spreading are not controllable. Outside of practicing stealth hygene or total isolation, its gonna run its course.

The FDA has anounced without naming the drug,the first drug thats been added to a shortage list. All because of supply Chain shutdown from China.
This has to be addressed and corrected going forward. These global bafooned trade deals the past several decades for the sake of utopia profit margins not only killed our mfg base jobs across small town America,but also has put us at the mercy now of a communist country to supply medicines, and few other raw material products that sustain our military build up self reliance capabilities.

You know why he hasnt, probably because hes in the same boat as us, holding pattern between cold that causes pneumonia in elderly/comprised, virus X, or in between.
Ive been reading at nauseaism ,keeping up since January and still have a hard time discerning exactly what we are dealing with here. So if you go full bore and it turns out this is just another strain of bad flu for practical purposes, then look at the uneccesary damage. Vice versa you go soft and it turns out to be virus X, then your playing catch up, instead of being out front.
Trump doesnt have the luxury of trusting a lot of government departmental personal. To many snakes in the wood pile that are working against this administration. Its ashame,but thats the way it is. I see nothing wrong to this point with the approach the administartion is taking. Really not much they can do except bend over backwarrds to suport the infastructure [medical facilities] be able to handle the demand . Highly contagious Viruses spreading are not controllable. Outside of practicing stealth hygene or total isolation, its gonna run its course.

Not many people remember how badly President Ford was lambasted for overreacting to the swine flu in '76.

"it turns out this is just another strain of bad flu for practical purposes, then look at the uneccesary damage."
This post is really a huge load of bs. How exactly does preparing the American public for a virus that's spreading like wildfire in many parts of the globe and killing thousands of people w/ an infection ratio above 2 going to cause unnecessary damage. Not doing anything and it actually happening is infinitely worse. This is akin to being within the 5 day NHC cone of uncertainty with a major hurricane bearing down on you, and you telling everyone not to prepare because that would cause "unneeded harm" if you did so.

When basically very expert at the CDC says is likely if not nearly certain to become widespread in the US, then you should prepare instead of trying to blow off the virus, saying we have it completely under control when you've done absolutely nothing to prepare for it (other than elect inept people to high ranking positions) and make drastic cuts to important departments in the government that are intended to respond to crises like this and then blame the stock market crash on a democratic debate that happened after stocks tanked on Tue. This really shows how inept & ill-prepared the president and his administration are for CoV-19.

Hopefully you & other rhinos pull your head out of the sand sooner rather than later.

This isn't just some "normal" market correction, the cause of the dip in the stock markets is directly attributable to a virus that has the potential to become a global pandemic, the likes of which we haven't seen in a very long time. So no, this isn't "normal" in any way shape or form. In this case, it definitely matters who's president because it's very obvious Trump has no absolutely no idea what he's doing and cares more about the stock market than human lives & he and his department are woefully unprepared.
Just curious is there absolute proof, because you love to speak in absolutes, that Trump cares more about the stock market then human lives? Not opinions, but facts..... I mean those of us who are pro-life could certainly argue that every single Democratic nominee cares more about their position of power than human lives (over 40 million dead unborn children are pretty strong facts for that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back