• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obvious that hardly anyone takes what he says seriously and contradicting his own advisors that are experts in the health field during a press conference & trying to give people a false sense of security when there is none certainly instills absolutely no confidence in anyone.
Do you imply that there is absolutely no security within our country at this time? In general or specific to the coronavirus and if specific to the virus, that sounds like it's too late.... seems a little over board to me.

Thankfully we have some of the best medical facilities and personnel in the world here, yeah my 401 k will take a hit but come back stronger than ever, thankfully this is one of the most resilient nations on the face of the earth and regardless of what happens we will bounce back. Remember as a nation, we've been through Civil war, Pearl Harbor attack, terrorist attacks, presidential assassinations, epidemics, stock market crashes/recessions, you name it, we've seen it..... we're still here. One Nation under God! God speed my friends!

Well im going to Afghanistan in a few weeks so ill get a break from all this I suppose.....

Dude... contractor job? I knew you frogmen couldn’t stay off the sand. Unless you’re headed up to Bagram, then you have the Bagram lung to deal with. Cough, cough, cough.

I've heard a lot of ppl saying those n95 mask orders are being canceled. I really didn'td anything we just went out to see the buzz around town. Ppl where talking about it. But traffic at the store was norm maybe a hair more ppl.. But the condoms being out of stock really made me laugh

I would rather wear a full hazmat suit and gas mask before I would wear a mask. N95 are good for short periods after your breath makes them moist I don't believe they are as effective,....wish I had a hazmat suit that would get killer looks in public

On market watch money pouring in now, but likely to red as all other makerts are down
Dow had 670,366,584 today wow

You’ll put on a Level A HazMat suit and in five minutes you’ll want out. Trust me. You’re pouring sweat off you, the lens fog up (unless you’re on supplied air which a whole other bag of worms (so in reality a 4500 SCBA) that’s added weight, tape up the wrists after pulling on compatible gloves, tape up calves after putting on boots. It’s a real pain in the ass. Trust me. LOL

Just curious is there absolute proof, because you love to speak in absolutes, that Trump cares more about the stock market then human lives? Not opinions, but facts..... I mean those of us who are pro-life could certainly argue that every single Democratic nominee cares more about their position of power than human lives (over 40 million dead unborn children are pretty strong facts for that)
More like 60 million...but your point still stands.

Back on topic: this is a “normal” pullback in the markets in the sense that the market was way overpriced/valued and it was just waiting for one little pin prick to burst. Plus, the disruption the virus has had on economic production in China and other sectors of the global economy, are dragging the market low.

But for now, the market has only retreated back to August 2019 levels. There’s probably more to go, unless some unforeseen good news comes out today or over the weekend.

Some of you need to go study up on the Stock Market, what is happening isn’t new and happens a lot. Market corrections are needed to cleanse the market. Yes it sucks if you are planning on retiring soon but it’s needed. Doesn’t matter if a Republican is President or a Democratic is. We are overdue and it’s completely normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering when someone would bring up a market correction. Economists were talking about this late summer last year.

He's a social scientist that specializes in anthropology. He's not a medical professional in any way. So his op-ed is what convinced you? Talk about irresponsible.

Good God. It was a different perspective. I’m not fully convinced, but I am intrigued by the possibility. I am open to all theories. It wouldn’t surprise me if it is Chinese made. I mean they have such a stellar record when it comes to basic human rights and all.

Since we're on the topic of political blame games, President Moon Jae-in is getting hammered for not imposing tighter entry restrictions on travelers coming in from China.

"it turns out this is just another strain of bad flu for practical purposes, then look at the uneccesary damage."
This post is really a huge load of bs. How exactly does preparing the American public for a virus that's spreading like wildfire in many parts of the globe and killing thousands of people w/ an infection ratio above 2 going to cause unnecessary damage. Not doing anything and it actually happening is infinitely worse. This is akin to being within the 5 day NHC cone of uncertainty with a major hurricane bearing down on you, and you telling everyone not to prepare because that would cause "unneeded harm" if you did so.

When basically very expert at the CDC says is likely if not nearly certain to become widespread in the US, then you should prepare instead of trying to blow off the virus, saying we have it completely under control when you've done absolutely nothing to prepare for it (other than elect inept people to high ranking positions) and make drastic cuts to important departments in the government that are intended to respond to crises like this and then blame the stock market crash on a democratic debate that happened after stocks tanked on Tue. This really shows how inept & ill-prepared the president and his administration are for CoV-19.

Hopefully you & other rhinos pull your head out of the sand sooner rather than later.

Coronavirus is headed to Alabama y’all. It’s in my Sharpie cone of uncertainty.

Maybe I'm too naïve but potential economy impact bothers me more than the virus itself. I have some older close family members that don't have a perfect respiratory system but what I've thought of lately involving them is that if the virus makes it to where they live, because a lot of them are in the country and small town NW GA, we've probably gotten to the point where there's very serious problems anyway.

I do think some precautions need to be taken, but most are your typical ones except including knowing your limits when you're sick, when to just try to rest at home and get in all the fluids you can, and when to get checked out medically.

I think this has gone from an under to overreaction like I said in the political thread. But who knows, maybe in a month or so it turns out that some areas have to shut down and my dad gets bit bigly by choosing to not stock up and do his normal food shopping the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back