• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting debates are starting to rage. 20% of America’s economy shut down with NY & CA. Analysts say if we stay shut down more than 2-3 weeks we go straight to depression. One asked if saving 1 life was worth destroying millions of lives. I said when this all started we would be faced as a nation that question.

My guess is if Ga NC Sc decided to lockdown the state. Whatever that may mean. It would come on Sunday. I have no source that’s just a guess. Who knows what schools may do past March 30th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems odd he would do it on the weekend, but maybe trying to thwart rush hour becoming a stock up frenzy? Either way, gotta say, I’m surprised with no order being given for as high up on the case list as Georgia is in the country......

more coming....soon

Interesting debates are starting to rage. 20% of America’s economy shut down with NY & CA. Analysts say if we stay shut down more than 2-3 weeks we go straight to depression. One asked if saving 1 life was worth destroying millions of lives. I said when this all started we would be faced as a nation that question.

I say no

No, he is with the National Guard. Called and told me to be ready for a lockdown. Do I believe him? He is a pretty honest man so I’m guessing he knows something we don’t.

yep, I’ve got more than one source that says it’s coming. Was told it should have been today but for some reason it hasn’t happened. My guess is it’s just delayed. It’s coming I’m about 90% sure.

Mira not just 1 though. How about 100, 1000, 10000, 100,000?

That would be a bit extreme. We ain’t becoming Italy

why do you think this? I’ve seen you downplay this over the last few days.

we are on track for Italy and some. They took lockdown action about ten days ago and they just had their worst report today. It’s coming. Stay frosty.

why do you think this? I’ve seen you downplay this over the last few days.

we are on track for Italy and some. They took lockdown action about ten days ago and they just had their worst report today. It’s coming. Stay frosty.

I’m not gonna say I’m downplaying it. But to say schools will become triage centers is a bit unrealistic I think. I believe if as a county we come out with less then 10,000 deaths we did very well. In my opinion.

From a trusted source I would agree it was likely to be announced today and that NC pulled back last minute.

Of course - "lockdown" means many things to different people. I'm assuming closer to IL or CA than anything else.

I could see a coordinated effort between GA/FL/NC/SC but that’s just a wild ass guess

It’s worth noting, that when a virus is introduced into warmer climate, it’s instantly doesn’t mean it will be killed by heat/humidity, if often takes time for bugs to become seasonal, for example H1N1 did calm down in the summer a bit, but it never really went away, it is now are typical winter influenza, heat and humidity don’t instantly mean it’s going away, it helps over time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back