• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the first to lines and nearly laughed. "Nautrally immune" WTF is that supposed to mean? And look at Italy and Europe, not China.

It appears that he's speaking in reference to naturally acquired active immunity, which typically happens after exposure to a pathogen. It explains why only a fraction of the passengers on the Diamond Princess became infected.

jpo0851.png

Part of me wants to believe there’s an effort to turn the younger generations against the boomers. For political reasons. Since younger people aren’t dying and their fun is spoiled and lives are put on hold in an effort to save “old people”. Call me a conspiracist but this is something to watch. “Ok boomer” is alive and well.
Only problem is it isn't the boomers who are the most at risk, it's the generation before them, so doubt it.

Unfortunately there were 15,740 new cases worldwide today. Here's the past 4 days:

3/14: 11,170
3/15: 12,924
3/16: 12,897
Today: 15,740

New cases are slowing in China and SK, but worldwide numbers are still climbing.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/#daily-cases

Hard for me to believe Chinas numbers are even close to accurate. If we just pushed an increase of 7 or 8% in one day to total worldwide cases that's insane and spells huge trouble.

I spoke with my brother who is a CPA & owns his own firm. We spoke in length. He said he has several clients already hurting and letting him know they will be slow paying. Such as Zaxbys chain, movie chain, small businesses. He said the only way to stop this is for Trump to completely shut everything down. He had over 33 clients in and out of his office today. In most states most are still out. He also said that if this is over in 4-6 weeks then the economy will start booming quickly. He will have to start laying off middle April. He also said that if this goes on till late May/June then it’s going to be a long time for recovery and going to be really ugly. That bankruptcies will be all over the place. He said most of the clients he has can make it for 4 to 6 weeks. Also it’s 99.9 % small businesses in the US economy. The big ones only make up a very small fraction of the US economy.

The Fed freed up lending capital today to assist in improving business liquidity; this should help the situation greatly.

It appears that he's speaking in reference to naturally acquired active immunity, which typically happens after exposure to a pathogen. It explains why only a fraction of the passengers on the Diamond Princess became infected.

View attachment 37284

Wow this actually brings up what I wanted to ask. If it's possible to become asymptomatic and carry the virus, wouldn't it be possible to get a small viral load and become immune rapidly enough to not become infected?

Anyone think China just may have quit testing or worrying about this virus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No that would only work if the number of infected was static and it's not, the number of infected its doubling every 3-5 days, which is also the reason we are shutting everything down, if we went with you line of thinking that this is all no big deal and shutting down is stupid there would be several hundred thousand dead Americans at least by years end.
No, you’re making many assumptions. You’re assuming that this virus is just beginning to spread. Your assuming that current cfr is true death rate. Your assuming that herd immunity would not exist in time to drastically inhibit spread. The sampling would determine a snapshot in time of actual infection versus critical cases and death rate could be accurately measured. Then extrapolate for scenarios.

Part of me wants to believe there’s an effort to turn the younger generations against the boomers. For political reasons. Since younger people aren’t dying and their fun is spoiled and lives are put on hold in an effort to save “old people”. Call me a conspiracist but this is something to watch. “Ok boomer” is alive and well.
This could escalate to “go ahead and die, boomer”. Enough healthy people are made into paupers and there will be blood in the streets.

Yea, or not reporting the tests. I think eventually all countries have to go back to business as usual (somewhat). The economic damage to prolonged business shut down is too severe. I see loads of friends on fb who are laid off and i know they dont have money to not work for anything longer than 2 weeks.

I definitely think it's possible if not likely. That said, some thing doesn't add up. With the amount of asymptomatic people transmiting, the lots of cases with mild symptoms, the long incubation times and just how many people are in China, we should be still hearing hearing hot spots here and there. China can keep it close to the vest, but you would think something would leak here or there.

I think that’s entirely possible or their numbers were never accurate to begin with. They have a ton more people than the US or Italy but Italy is already about 1/3 of the way to catching the “official” China numbers. No way I believe the China numbers with how quickly it’s increasing in other countries right now.

Yea, or not reporting the tests. I think eventually all countries have to go back to business as usual (somewhat). The economic damage to prolonged business shut down is too severe. I see loads of friends on fb who are laid off and i know they dont have money to not work for anything longer than 2 weeks.

That’s about the situation I’m in. I’m a temporary cafeteria worker in a school. And I’m not getting paid during this shutdown. The job was supposed to last rest of school year with a chance of going permanent. But now I don’t know

We were ignoring it for three months and were just fine. Yes, we should go back to work! But some of us should take added precautions.

I dont follow this at all. What do you think we were ignoring back in December? The first US case was January 20th.

Is there any science or doctors recommendatuons you are following to come up with this view? Please do share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back