• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What got us out of the depression was WWII, not anything FDR did. Unemployment rate did not improve significantly until we geared up for war in 1940 and created millions of new jobs, primarily in the defense industry.

A recession I agree with.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A recession is two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth, whereas a depression is a least at 10% contraction in GDP that has at duration of at least 3 years. It's highly unlikely that the world economy won't have recovered within the next 3 years.

Last edited:
They've got to be way more believable than Hannity and Rush, who if I recall correctly were (and may still be for all I know) severely downplaying this.

Hell Rush said this was the 19th strain kf corona and since the other 18 arent deadly neither was this one. The amount if cluelessness in that statement was unbelievable.

A recession is two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth, whereas a recession is a least at 10% contraction in GDP that has at duration of at least 3 years. It's highly unlikely that the world economy won't have recovered within the next 3 years.

That’s why I say it’s a recession not a depression. We will start the recovery process fast after this virus is handled to the point of non panic. I think Trump is right that the market will go gang busters later this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a bit of good news from the IRS: if you owe taxes on your 2019 return, they've extended the April 15th deadline to pay by 90 days.

Note that this only refers to the payment deadline, *NOT* the filing deadline. You still have to file your tax return on time by April 15th (or file an extension by then).

They've got to be way more believable than Hannity and Rush, who if I recall correctly were (and may still be for all I know) severely downplaying this.

Yeah I think the idea that we're getting asymptomatic transmission is likelier than people think. Some younger people have been barely affected if at all and if you're barely or not affected you're going to go about your business normally (at least usually, a very few amount of people might not be because of this threat).

It is I have seen numbers like 25-50k current cases as the low end 75-150k as the high end with these numbers expected to double a few times before the shutdowns really start to slow it down....

That has still gotta be very low on the high side. The amount of athletes/movie stars/politicians compared to the public percentage wise is insanely low. For this many to be infected is just crazy.

Might have been posted earlier, if so my apologies, but @Poimen you see this? They aren't even allowing individuals to drive through the county....

Not surprised really. I was invited to a locals FB group a few days ago whose sole purpose was to pressure the county to do this. Looks like they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back