• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tl;dr

There's another presumptive positive case of coronavirus in the area to add on to the 2 that were confirmed.

There are 30 pending tests.

The people did not travel to an affected area, but 1 person had contact with someone who did.

This is the actual paper that is being said caused Trump to let the doctors take over and drive the US response....some crazy sobering stuff in it...hopefully we did the measures in time, if not well ugh.....

For an uncontrolled epidemic, we predict critical care bed capacity would be exceeded as early as the second week in April, with an eventual peak in ICU or critical care bed demand that is over 30 times greater than the maximum supply in both countries (Figure 2). The aim of mitigation is to reduce the impact of an epidemic by flattening the curve, reducing peak incidence and overall deaths (Figure 2). Since the aim of mitigation is to minimise mortality, the interventions need to remain in place for as much of the epidemic period as possible. Introducing such interventions too early risks allowing transmission to return once they are lifted (if insufficient herd immunity has developed); it is therefore necessary to balance the timing of introduction with the scale of disruption imposed and the likely period over which the interventions can be maintained. In this scenario, interventions can limit transmission to the extent that little herd immunity is acquired – leading to the possibility that a second wave of infection is seen once interventions are lifted

Anyone noticing China blaming us and threatening us? Russia blaming Britain. Gas wars. Never know what could lead wars.

I’m having a hard time trying to wrap my mind around what the private sector is going to look like after this is all said and done. Hard to fathom, folks.
Well I am listening to the positive mojo on here. It’s over in 2 weeks and we are going to be just fine. As I was told LEAD! That was a God that told us that.

Anyone noticing China blaming us and threatening us? Russia blaming Britain. Gas wars. Never know what could lead wars.
Yeah. Anything could pop off right now and it wouldn’t surprise me. Media cycle stuck on Coronavirus. So many things can sneak through right now. It’s crazy. Crazy times. Many people are still willfully blind to society breaking down before our very eyes. We are literally hanging on by a thread. And there’s a flame under it

Two weeks ago the US was ~150 confirmed, today >6K, based on current growth rate we will likely eclipse China next week and be ~200K two weeks from now. The US lagged in testing for whatever reason, a ramp up of private labs are now painting a full picture which will become clear over the next week. Transmission in major INT hubs started late Jan/early Feb, we see this with current exponential growth in NY/WA/CA. Were China and now Iran reportings inaccurate, probably, but at the same time I don't understand how South Korea and Southeast Asia to a larger extent weathered, hopefully we learned something from SK. The number one goal is to flatten the transmission curve, largely to not overwhelm our healthcare system. A total shutdown of 2-3 weeks will take about the same period, 15-20 days, to flatten the growth rate. The curve for the next 3 weeks is pre-loaded, so to speak.

Hopefully when this virus is over. America’s govt and Americans realize to not depend on other countries to supply. Especially China that threatens to not supply us pharmaceuticals. America needs to put Americans back to work! Be willing to pay a little extra for quality over a knock off. I work for a company 80% of our products we have made here in USA! The other 20% we can not because we give the items to make them to other countries. Support America and American jobs first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back