• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this article out. You can google search bar it off daily mail or use link on drudge.
People with Type A blood are MORE likely to catch coronavirus than those with Type O, study claims
By Joe Pinkstone For Mailonline14:53 EDT 17 Mar 2020 , updated 20:45 EDT 17 Mar 2020

very preliminary, needs way more sample size too. Just curious do you consider drudge and daily mail reliable sources? They frequently post click bait bs. Not saying this one was but watch out.

The problem is we don't know how many deaths would occur if we ignored the problem.

How many deaths would be acceptable to continue on as we were?

Well we had 60,000 to 80,000 deaths from the potent outbreak of 17/18 and nothing was done, so apparently a lot. I suppose this has the potential to be worse but that was a lot of death! :(

Last recession it was 9.9%
Great Depression 24.5%
10% is not going to be pretty with the recession we are already in. But no worries of a Depression rate. Right?

Attachments

• DF685993-76F5-4969-BCAB-38A53148CA3F.png
    DF685993-76F5-4969-BCAB-38A53148CA3F.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
If the virus isn't bad, the looters will be

Has the world gone mad!!? Is this The Onion?!? Truly the exact definition of stupid.

Well we had 60,000 to 80,000 deaths from the potent outbreak of 17/18 and nothing was done, so apparently a lot. I suppose this has the potential to be worse but that was...India accepts millions of deaths due to diseases every year and carries on with progress toward a prosperous society. We should be able to absorb 5% casualties before we sacrifice all to try and stop it. It won’t even get close to that number though. The virus is far more survivable than TB or Malaria.

They're going to mail it millions of checks and everyone is going to crowd the banks during a pandemic?

very preliminary, needs way more sample size too. Just curious do you consider drudge and daily mail reliable sources? They frequently post click bait bs. Not saying this one was but watch out.
No on the reliable source. Quick way to find links .

Use mobile app to deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good idea. But I guarantee you the majority of people recieving checks won't so that or won't know how. You can also make a deposit at the ATM.

Good idea. But I guarantee you the majority of people recieving checks won't so that or won't know how. You can also make a deposit at the ATM.

I bank with NC SECU and they still don't offer mobile deposit (at least the last time I checked).

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone thinks the government can pull off getting every American money by the end of the month I have land to sell you that has lots of gold buried on it . M

Very unlikely that it happens by month's end - from what I'm reading, the 535 congressmen & senators have 535 different ideas on how it should be done.

If anyone thinks the government can pull off getting every American money by the end of the month I have land to sell you that has lots of gold buried on it . M

I may be wrong but I recall the stimulus check that we got back in the recession coming fairly quickly.

There is an article from the New York Times about flu researchers in Washington state that found the evidence of community spread way before that case. Also, cdc is now researching previously reported flu like illnesses for corona per press conference today.

Are you referencing the article below from the NY Times? It only states the virus was in the Seattle area nursing home before being reported. Not before the 1st US case was reported. Also, the CDC's previous flu deaths being investigated posthumously are also within the 1/20/20 time frame. So again, unless you have any scientific material that you can actually document here then you're just making it all up in your head and I for one don't appreciate the spread of misinformation. You can't just say "nothing happened the last 3 months" and we were OK when the virus didn't even show up to our shores less than 2 months ago. To add to that, Georgia just had it's first Coronavirus death. If you want to say that we should go back to work and you don't agree with the shutdown then that is fine and it's your opinion. But these other statements you are presenting as fact need to be backed up. If you can prove it then by all means please do it because we all want to learn here.

This is the post I am still responding to: We were ignoring it for three months and were just fine. Yes, we should go back to work! But some of us should take added precautions.

This is the only NY Times article I can find referencing anything early about the Washington outbreak and it doesn't go along with what your trying to say here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/03/us/coronavirus-washington-death.html

I also searched WSJ, WaPo and couldn't find anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back