• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Caperil 2021

Then it gets really warm after
Call me crazy but I think that’s the last freeze/frost
Yeah I feel pretty decent about the idea of being done with sub 32 readings after this weekend. I wouldn't rule out a few 33-35 frost mornings though those things seem like they can randomly pop up until early May

The past several years have left a lot to be desired for severe weather in April.

But trends can die hard and I like your optimism.
Last April was pretty active tho, especially here in the Carolinas
Just a little snippet from last April CCE66EB5-DB1F-46BC-93D3-142F2311A8FB.jpeg
And Easter outbreak was impressive

Both I think. That stuff in the upper midwest will either get sheared or partially come southeast toward our area. View attachment 80843
View attachment 80847
Oh wow, I wonder if any convection in the plains can grow upscale enough to bring some MCVs out, would like better low Level moisture but for NW flow in April that’s not bad

I can certainly get a frosty morning in early May, and be pushing it again come Halloween. ~ 5 months
Can doesn’t mean you will. Last years frosty may morning wasn’t exactly a normal occurrence. Don’t let the weenies poison your mind . Mean may minimums are in the 40s .

Supposedly summer in the SE is late March - October Per past posts but it really isn’t, March/April/May and oct isn’t bad

1. You’re talking as if all of the SE has the same weather. That is far from the case just considering regular posters. For example, Nashville, TN, and Greensboro, NC, are significantly colder than my area. Your comment suggests you’re being myopic/MBYish.

2. Who implied “summer supposedly in the SE is late March- October?

In my area, especially with global warming having had a significant effect overall, we usually have 5 months of “summer” weather: May-Sep. Late March, April, and early October can have summer temps here if there are record or near record highs (I just had a 90 and an 89 last week), but that doesn’t mean I think of them as typically summerlike.

3. What you think is “bad” or “not bad” is not necessarily what others think. Different strokes for different folks.

1. You’re talking as if all of the SE has the same weather. That is far from the case just considering regular posters. For example, Nashville, TN, and Greensboro, NC, are significantly colder than my area. Your comment suggests you’re being myopic/MBYish.

2. Who implied “summer supposedly in the SE is late March- October?

In my area, especially with global warming having had a significant effect overall, we usually have 5 months of “summer” weather: May-Sep. Late March, April, and early October can have summer temps here if there are record or near record highs (I just had a 90 and an 89 last week), but that doesn’t mean I think of them as typically summerlike.

3. What you think is “bad” or “not bad” is not necessarily what others think. Different strokes for different folks.
He isn’t wrong though some people have said we have 6 month summers before . Though they probably weren’t being serious lol. Also I’d even argue your area has more like 6 months of summer , close to it perhaps . Whatever length of time the average high is over 80 for you.

Back