• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

It ain't pretty, but the bulk of the heat anomalies are up in SE Canada through the 6 week period... so it looks like same ole same ole, barring any pattern changing tropical event: 1596788693693.png

Very little in the GSP CWA area and I do NOT see that changing. Including Charlotte. A quiet evening in store it looks like.
Boy, you sure missed that one..... Widespread heavy rainfall last night. Face it, this is not your year.

Hard not to think at least decent coverage Wed and Thur. Friday night be tempered back by debris and stratus from the Thursday stuff. As we get into late weekend early next week think we try to slip in a MCV in the WNW flow.

Going out from that would be shocked to try to trap a baggy upper low/weakness as heights build into the Lakes and NE. All in all a much better coming 10 days than the previous 21 for some of us

I think we still see some action today. It will just be later on today into this evening. It is getting brighter and the cloud deck is thinning out a bit now. It may actually help initiate some storms due to the differential heating from this morning's debris clouds. We shall see.

Good stuff man @SD
Looking at what's going on I am a little conflicted though. Obvious sfc convergence and differential heating to our SE makes me want to say we don't see much today unless the northward moving ofbs can get stuff going. Another part of me says trough axis approaching and delayed warming keeping convection down means we get some type of loose line starting out your way that progresses east on its outflow. Tough call today to be honest

HRRR looks like it’s on schedule with convection back building from the east.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soon as we got good sun it popped. Gonna get a quick shower but very little lightning just elevated thunder.

HRRR wants to get storms going around CLT later on this evening. It did well last night so I am some optimistic.

Up to 3/4” with this little complex, should be over 1” before it clears. Most fell over a 15 minute period, certainly the wettest week of the summer here so far and can tell things are starting to green up!

Up to 3/4” with this little complex, should be over 1” before it clears. Most fell over a 15 minute period, certainly the wettest week of the summer here so far and can tell things are starting to green up!

Man there were a couple decent strikes near us that had some deep thunder. By far my best lightning and thunder I've seen this year.

Back