• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

Mods - you can move to the banter but was curious with all the summer heat we've had. What is the humidity level inside your homes? I've never really thought about it but I installed new thermostats that also measure humidity and they are reading between 58-62% throughout the day. I assumed this was normal but googled it and it says in the summer the humidity levels should be below 50% and anything over 60% is to high. Being in the south it has to be tough to keep humidity levels down.
My Ecobee runs about 48-52

Mods - you can move to the banter but was curious with all the summer heat we've had. What is the humidity level inside your homes? I've never really thought about it but I installed new thermostats that also measure humidity and they are reading between 58-62% throughout the day. I assumed this was normal but googled it and it says in the summer the humidity levels should be below 50% and anything over 60% is to high. Being in the south it has to be tough to keep humidity levels down.
I bought a dehumidifier recently and I set the inside humidity to be 50% and I could tell I slept a lot better.

We had a dehumidifier installed in our crawl space and got our leaky gutters replaced, made a huge difference in the house. Thermostat's now set at 75-76 with no complaints from the wife.

Most of us probably only have an average of a month left of these daily thunderstorm chances, then it will get boring for a couple months.?

Yep, after October it’s back to low cloud bases, lack of thunder and lightning and higher shear types of setups

As GSP mentions theta E lapses are pretty large today suggesting a wind damage threat with any thunderstorms, there is some mid level/upper level shear to

Currently 72 degrees! Who knew there were ski resorts In Iowa?? I’m about 15 minutes from a place called Sundown!

Currently 72 degrees! Who knew there were ski resorts In Iowa?? I’m about 15 minutes from a place called Sundown!
72 degrees while nice isn’t what I would want for summer . Too cool for summer activities such as swimming! One night of -30 temps or even lower will send you packing even further south than Greenville, perhaps Ft. Lauderdale Florida !

Hot little cell just to my west gonna miss. The next few days looks like good rain chances. Keeps the ground wet after the hurricane and well kets hopenthatvdoesnt set us up for a worse hit later.

Back