• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

I don't know why you get your hopes up like this. We know how this story plays out.
Me and you know how it plays out yes. Watched a 90% chance of storms yesterday evaporate throughout the day to receive 0.1 of stratiform junk. But I'm not even mad because I already knew what was gonna happen.

Me and you know how it plays out yes. Watched a 90% chance of storms yesterday evaporate throughout the day to receive 0.1 of stratiform junk. But I'm not even mad because I already knew what was gonna happen.

These were all lik 50% - 60% Wonder how many these will drop to <20% like today. womp womp. At least its not 90's.

1596551766272.png

Also tomorrow the hrrr shows some ridiculous dry air entrainment, some good soundings for big microbursts55EDE449-B01E-411B-8C1D-B81965F62FD3.pngE8A17F9B-5874-45EA-A453-7D73BC9F6A57.png

These types of soundings give me large hail vibes on Thursday View attachment 46040View attachment 46041
Hard not to think at least decent coverage Wed and Thur. Friday night be tempered back by debris and stratus from the Thursday stuff. As we get into late weekend early next week think we try to slip in a MCV in the WNW flow.

Going out from that would be shocked to try to trap a baggy upper low/weakness as heights build into the Lakes and NE. All in all a much better coming 10 days than the previous 21 for some of us

Mods - you can move to the banter but was curious with all the summer heat we've had. What is the humidity level inside your homes? I've never really thought about it but I installed new thermostats that also measure humidity and they are reading between 58-62% throughout the day. I assumed this was normal but googled it and it says in the summer the humidity levels should be below 50% and anything over 60% is to high. Being in the south it has to be tough to keep humidity levels down.

Back