• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

Had to do some important things today so haven’t been able to follow things thus far, but I had a big storm over my area and saw that we were under a warning for up to golf ball sized hail. (not that we had any hail) I did get some solid rain though.

Dry so far here as expected. Good rain within 5 miles every direction from here today, but maybe a trace at best here. Going to have to hope a tropical system can get going in, or move into the gulf and into the southeast to get good rain here.

Had to do some important things today so haven’t been able to follow things thus far, but I had a big storm over my area and saw that we were under a warning for up to golf ball sized hail. (not that we had any hail) I did get some solid rain though.
Anomalous Upper level trough bringing in cooler mid levels + strong shear in the mid to upper levels (6-8km) enlarging mid level and upper level hodos is really aiding in a large hail threat, this should persist for another day or 2 into WNC/upstate of SC and GA, although shear should start backing off a bit along with the cooler temps aloft

What a slap in the face. Bone dry and that band is not moving and all the activity associated with the cold front is well west. Not surprised though.Screenshot_20200803-163326_RadarScope.jpg

Back