• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Arid August

101 at RDU today. 🔥

Only 95 at GSO.

98 at FAY.

97 at PGV.

99 at CLT.

RDU the hottest station in the state as usual in 2024. Things don’t work like they used to.
A good rule of thumb during a heatwave is to take the high at RDU and subtract five degrees to get the actual air temperature during dry periods.

101 at RDU today. 🔥

Only 95 at GSO.

98 at FAY.

97 at PGV.

99 at CLT.

RDU the hottest station in the state as usual in 2024. Things don’t work like they used to.
To be fair, I was driving around Wake Forest late this afternoon and my car (outside)thermometer was reading 102. Man it was freaking hot today.

To be fair, I was driving around Wake Forest late this afternoon and my car (outside)thermometer was reading 102. Man it was freaking hot today.
My 13 year old had his first middle school football game of the season this afternoon and the 5:00 start was absolutely miserable.

The rain in the Sahara is very abnormal - like it has never happened in recorded history is some parts - abnormal. I haven't found anyone with an explanation, either. Obviously the ITCZ has shifted north, but why? The earth's obliquity is about 23.4 degrees, half way between the range of 22.1 and 24.5. Could something be pulling our globe toward the 22.1 way faster than anticipated? That would increase the sun angle and move the ITCZ north.

Back