• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Arid August

Currently 85 which is the hottest it's been since last Monday. The rest of this work week is going to suck
Shot at storms Thursday afternoon. Then we crawl back down. Be in the 70's for highs again here ( GSO ) by next Tuesday.
All my lettuce, Cabbage, Turnips gotta survive these next 3 days. Cant be at home mid afternoon to do some water cpr lol. fingers crossed

Shot at storms Thursday afternoon. Then we crawl back down. Be in the 70's for highs again here ( GSO ) by next Tuesday.
All my lettuce, Cabbage, Turnips gotta survive these next 3 days. Cant be at home mid afternoon to do some water cpr lol. fingers crossed
Water heavy in the morning before the sun gets on it and then as soon as it’s in the shade in the evening and they should be fine

Good to see RDU is doing what RDU does today. Currently 94 at the house probably heading to 96-97 which will be the hottest day since 8/1. Think tomorrow may end up as the hottest day of this wave maybe the hottest day of the summer in some locations localy if we hold the CU field off.

Good to see RDU is doing what RDU does today. Currently 94 at the house probably heading to 96-97 which will be the hottest day since 8/1. Think tomorrow may end up as the hottest day of this wave maybe the hottest day of the summer in some locations localy if we hold the CU field off.

RDU Is 96, doesn’t seem far off as usual.

How after 30 inches a of rain in July and early August can my grass be so dang crispy already? Has to be soil makeup. Too sandy I'd guess.
It is here too I didn't want to say anything bc the usual suspects would be out with pitchforks and torches. Thing is it can rain as much as you want for a period of time but that water is moving up and out or down and out of the root zone so if you are dry for 3 straight weeks after a heavy rain period that upper layer where most root zones are runs out.

Back