• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Arid August

Because they run hot , I wasn’t saying they have no uhi I just said a 2.4 degree anomaly in any summer month is pretty big
It's vs the rdu avg though I usually run below the rdu average unless we cook. If I use the avg of the data I have since like 14 it's like -.6

It's vs the rdu avg though I usually run below the rdu average unless we cook. If I use the avg of the data I have since like 14 it's like -.6
I believe your anomaly I’m not denying it at all, I believe you. I just said it’s an anomalous august ! 2014 is actually a good comparison

Total here for August: 15.33”, with 10.9” from Debby 8/5-7 (which flooded parts of my garage). A thunderstorm on 8/20 caused some more water to flow into my garage but it wasn’t nearly as bad and I was on top of it. (I’m waiting for a Storm Shield threshold to be installed). It has been at least several years since I had 15.33” in any month.

The 15.33” combined with 12.25” in July gives me a two month total of a whopping 27.58”, which is just over double the normal! My JJA was ~31”. That is just under the 32.23” I got in the also very wet JJA of 2022.

I got 20.9” just for the period 7/19-8/7! There’s been only traces since the Aug 20th thunderstorm allowing the water table to drop back down some.

Last edited:
Back