• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Arid August

Sb cape near 4000 and ml cape near 2500 and this outflow isn't firing anything new
We live in the sink zone. It takes a miracle to get air to rise around here these days!

Had to pull over.

f7a77e8fa47c7128b9c2442ced96132b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received .32 inches of rain from the thunderstorms that slowly rolled through Wake County. While I didn't get as much rain as I thought would, as the previous poster mentioned, there was copious lighting with these storms. Three houses were damaged by fires caused by lighting strikes in Raleigh. I don't know why people have gotten away from putting lightning rods on their houses like they used to.

My grandfather who lived in Wilson County had lighting rods all over his house. He learned a lesson about what it can do when his grandfather was struck with a bolt of lighting in the early 1900s while he was sitting in his house. My ancestor was knocked unconscious by that lighting strike and it burned a hole through the roof of his house but he lived to tell the tale.

Back