• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry April Fools? (1-2) Surprise Storm

Lol @ the panic 6 hours before go time. It’s going to snow

I don’t understand why at initialization none of the meso models look anything like radar? lol We currently have precip all the way into N AL,MS,TN, AR.. yet

View attachment 18388

k
That's what I thought because if you look at radar and the past few hours that band is just getting stronger

That's what I thought because if you look at radar and the past few hours that band is just getting stronger
Not seeing a lot of ground truth Mping reports but i don’t see this thing completely whiffing anyone just south of 85. But what do I know? I’m just a guy that thinks it’s going to snow in the south at 900’ elevation in April

Just too dry. Radar may blossom but very little moisture to work with for western NC. Nothing will survive the mountains that is out west. The redevelopment in Georgia will provide a period of an hour or two where mixed showers will quickly brush east...brought by almost zero iso lift mechanism. East east yeast folks. Concord NC or nothing it looks like. Very few people will see 1-3” unless it zeroes in directly over the big Queen City. Asheville NC and Mount Airy NC may only see Virga snow. Sleet will be reported in many places of Georgia and South Carolina with better timing.

Just too dry. Radar may blossom but very little moisture to work with for western NC. Nothing will survive the mountains that is out west. The redevelopment in Georgia will provide a period of an hour or two where mixed showers will quickly brush east...brought by almost zero iso lift mechanism. East east yeast folks. Concord NC or nothing it looks like. Very few people will see 1-3” unless it zeroes in directly over the big Queen City. Asheville NC and Mount Airy NC may only see Virga snow. Sleet will be reported in many places of Georgia and South Carolina with better timing.

Welp you said where I’m at (concord) so I agree lol

Best pre event radiational cooling you could ask for. See lee county airport, sanford at 34 degrees. Temps are really falling off a cliff rural areas.

Need the moisture and need it before 9 to 10 am. Thats the tough part.

Best pre event radiational cooling you could ask for. See lee county airport, sanford at 34 degrees. Temps are really falling off a cliff rural areas.

Need the moisture and need it before 9 to 10 am. Thats the tough part.

Especially at this time of the year with this upcoming event ??‍♂️

Stay grounded, folks. Remember that just getting to see big flakes flying would be a big win for April. If you get accumulations, that would be a bonus.

Back