• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry April Fools? (1-2) Surprise Storm

I largely agree with you although I do think some areas will even get more than a dusting with POSSIBLY as much as 2-3" in isolated SC/NC locations between upstate SC and Charlotte. Closer to you, I think NE ATL burbs have a shot of seeing some beautiful wet flakes likely without more than a trace. Are you going to chase in NE burbs? If so, be careful!
No chasing for me for the rest of the year lol. After going to Macon earlier this month and getting burned, I will be waiting till at least December before I do that again. That is unless some major shifts in the models start in the next 12 hours.

NAM comes right to the Durham and Wake border with snow and then hits a wall.

Upstate sc folks better hope this aint right, I’m fine with it but so far 18z runs have looked better for areas around CLT/N/NW
157CAE31-3C10-4A6C-A72F-143BCBB2B2F0.png

Hrrr has slowly been improved, spits out a wintry mix with areas getting a T-3 where it snows, soundings support heavy wet snow vs the IP it shows, good that this model is showing this especially with a warm bias, it’s tendency to do bad with in-situ CADs, and it’s mixing bias, and it has slowly bring precip west, it’s also showing how heavy this precip could be 2725BC2C-9315-4734-B4FA-FA21F74D041C.gif

Hrrr has slowly been improved, spits out a wintry mix with areas getting a T-3 where it snows, soundings support heavy wet snow vs the IP it shows, good that this model is showing this especially with a warm bias, it’s tendency to do bad with in-situ CADs, and it’s mixing bias, and it has slowly bring precip west, it’s also showing how heavy this precip could be View attachment 18350
Recent 19z has continued the trend .. here we go boys and girls

Of note, quite a few models show a bullseye of qpf and snow around the CLT area. The 18z 3km NAM, Euro, RAP and HRRR all showed this. Up next is the RGEM and ICON.

Back