• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry April Fools? (1-2) Surprise Storm

It is hard to believe that there will be one little bubble of snow along the NC/W-Central SC line and no snow anywhere else...sort of like the RAP is depicting above. Not expecting the RAP to verify, but many models show a similar outcome in terms of snowfall distribution.
Well what do you expect, it's wedged between two of the most prominent snow shields in the SE so it's going to squeeze snow lollipop right out of those clouds....

I would do Winter Weather Advisory for Charlotte and the few counties that borders to the north. Just a small swath for 1-3”. More may actually fall but with melting I think 1-3”. Special weather statements elsewhere for grassy accumulations up to 1”.

I would do Winter Weather Advisory for Charlotte and the few counties that borders to the north. Just a small swath for 1-3”. More may actually fall but with melting I think 1-3”. Special weather statements elsewhere for grassy accumulations up to 1”.
Thanks DUDE. Please be careful out there.

Before anyone gets excited, you never want to be on the southern extent of a euro snow map. That will likely fall as rain.

A friendly reminder to everyone: With an impending late-season winter storm, there will likely be an elevated level of excitement and anticipation as the event draws near. Some may even experience an increase in heart rate, sweaty palms, and also blurred vision, making it difficult to accurately examine both the content and intensity of the precipitation that may soon be falling. Whether you see any snowflakes or just think that you do, please -- PLEASE -- resist the urge to call 911. This channel should be used for actual emergencies. We do not want to tie up resources with road reports, snowflake size, or storm bust laments. Thank you for your cooperation.

I would imagine if that 4-6” rain underperforms on the OBX then a sig. winter storm would occur for the Charlotte metro and surrounding areas. With the EURO showing warning criteria for the Hickory area I think more surprises could come down to the wire with little to no warning.

Euro 5 run trend from TOS.
kZnMgKn.gif

Take about a third of this and you get the general idea, using globals and high res models while the former is not properly dispersed for this range gives you roughly the same idea for this storm (because amts will probably be small in any case). Up to a slushy inch (maybe 2 at the very most) possible in isolated areas near the I-85 corridor between the GA state line & Greensboro/Winston-Salem. 0z high resolution runs later this evening will be worth looking at to modify smaller-scale details

download - 2019-04-01T151829.409.png

Back