• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry April Fools? (1-2) Surprise Storm

This is why I toss the 12km NAM and never trust it for winter events. A dramatic shift in one run, the 3km has had the right idea for awhile now.
DC9A9046-785F-4573-9E9D-19CA5014AEE9.gif

Still not worrying because most models have most of the precip focused on the eastern side of the system but on radar most precip is on the western side.

That will change as the coastal develops and energy transfers to the coast, hence the skip/drop in precip over NW NC.

Eastern NC going to see some pretty stout winds....will be interesting to see if this thing can crank up enough to get a few 60-75 mph gust over the OBX....NAM is probably over done but has a lot of eastern NC 25-30, gusting 50+ even inland, still I would be surprised to see more than 40-45 away from the water.

Eastern NC going to see some pretty stout winds....will be interesting to see if this thing can crank up enough to get a few 60-75 mph gust over the OBX....NAM is probably over done but has a lot of eastern NC 25-30, gusting 50+ even inland, still I would be surprised to see more than 40-45 away from the water.

Yeah latest 3km has sustained TRopical depression type winds across Eastern NC. It will certainly be a nasty day.

Lol @ the panic 6 hours before go time. It’s going to snow

I don’t understand why at initialization none of the meso models look anything like radar? lol We currently have precip all the way into N AL,MS,TN, AR.. yet

AAE55656-8578-46F1-A6DE-752A308C39F0.png

k

Yeah latest 3km has sustained TRopical depression type winds across Eastern NC. It will certainly be a nasty day.

Yeah NAM 3k peaked gust in this area is 55 knts around 5pm thats overdone by a bit I think....all the other models though have it more like 40-45 so if PGV hits 45+ I will be surprised....but happy.

Looks almost as if this storm wants to develop a sting jet near the obx but right off the coast or am I crazy ? Scorpions tail, mid level drying and strong 850mb winds

Lol @ the panic 6 hours before go time. It’s going to snow

I don’t understand why at initialization none of the meso models look anything like radar? lol We currently have precip all the way into N AL,MS,TN, AR.. yet

View attachment 18388

k

The sim radar usually shows only precip that reaches the ground. Light batches of showers are difficult to model sometimes as well.

Yeah NAM 3k peaked gust in this area is 55 knts around 5pm thats overdone by a bit I think....all the other models though have it more like 40-45 so if PGV hits 45+ I will be surprised....but happy.

Good to see you Ron. How you been? The 3km is prob overdone some but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some 35-45mph gusts.
49CA6736-FB9F-4522-893D-9775832A41DC.png

Back