• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry April Fools? (1-2) Surprise Storm

Our dews in Charlotte are only running 10F lower than forecast by the 12z & 18z NAM. No biggie!

View attachment 18360
Same here in Spartanburg our dew point on the NAM 3km said dew point is 24 and the NAM 12km said it was 22 but our dew point is currently at 12 degrees.

Wet bulbs are currently in the mid to upper 30's across most of western NC. Let's see how fast the temp can drop once the sun sets. That will say a lot as to how things evolve tonight and tomorrow morning.

Hrrr just dumps southern NC Piedmont with heavy wet snow, precip shield will probably go more west as time goes by, getting ULL vibes 1F55A540-47FE-4AD6-8B86-5454EE907408.gif

Not seeing many if any models that have precip over Louisiana. If they do they seem to dry up then re-form over Georgia.

I think the deep reds and oranges we are seeing on future maps will be SLEET or melting aloft. Lots of dry air tells me less rain and more sleet. With that said, certainly very heavy rain for coastal and eastern areas.

Hrrr actually has been shifting the precip sheild east, low looks the same, I wonder why
Also looks to be raising the initial dew points which it weird because its previous dew points were colder than the current run and even those were too warm.

Hrrr actually has been shifting the precip sheild east, low looks the same, I wonder why

It seems to be struggling some with the consolidation of the LP, I've noticed it has been bouncing around some with that in recent runs and that's likely part of the reason why. However, the 21z RAP was a huge shift from it's previous runs in regards to qpf and snow totals.

Back