• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe April 6-8th severe threat

Bit of a sea breeze on radar over eastern NC.....looks like the worse may miss me to the NW.....cant buy a good thunderstorm around here the last 3-4 springs....need the southern end to fire up further south.

Pretty severe storm with strong straight line winds just rolled through my area. Not far from JNX

Second storm went through. So far mostly rain and some thunder.

First severe-warned storm of the year. Good storm, but not severe here. Continuous thunder and lightening, heavy rain, and a few wind gusts. Good storm overall. Another line looks to approach later, but the instability will undoubtedly be lower.

Just leftover stratiform rain/thunder here, honestly couldn’t ask for much more ! Makes me sleepy

Hrrr says we’re not done lol, gets lee troughing going tommorow, better setup for hail tommorow vs today with steeper mid level lapse rates, colder temps aloft especially at 500mb, way more dry entrainment, still supports microbursts, instability depends on how much cloud cover blows out from the morning t-storms 143F8AE2-E04F-46CB-BA2C-DA60D6EF6239.png154BCDF2-4668-4BC2-9BA7-B5E5C6864B42.png

Under a warning now for a storm coming this way from Cary. It's all quiet here right now.

First severe-warned storm of the year. Good storm, but not severe here. Continuous thunder and lightening, heavy rain, and a few wind gusts. Good storm overall. Another line looks to approach later, but the instability will undoubtedly be lower.
Not severe is always a good storm ... except in winter ...

Watching this cell in mississippi, decent structure with broad rotation, shear should increase as the sun goes down so will see what it does. Screenshot_20190408-185602_RadarScope.jpg

Getting some training here! Precip total going way up! ?????

Back