• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

April 23-25th Severe Threat

That’s a really interesting look on the NAM would favor more tornadic stuff further east as the best speed shear in the low levels/SRH are further east 6D184512-AE0F-49DE-8819-E0019D307416.png4AFFEA24-2DE8-44A1-9207-61ED4454B643.pngF0A7435D-11DA-470A-9513-3616BCF05CF8.png4FC78ED9-A051-43DF-B81A-34E44AEFA44E.png6EA6439C-3B53-49B4-922B-9BC00A8323DF.png

Goodness freaking gracious. This is for central GA. The tornado threat that afternoon is dependent on how much low level winds veer. However this is window smashers to a tee! Look at the LIs and 0-3km cape!

View attachment 82156
Ya that might hurt. I have been noticing the winds veering a little more each run as well.

Should I be scared of the relative helictites like that ... that just seems so extreme hahaha what does that stuff mean
Basically SRH helicity is the amount of spin in the atmosphere. One of the key ingredients for supercells which produce almost all severe weather. And you need surface based instability/storms to have tornadoes I'm not sure about hail and winds though.

Basically SRH helicity is the amount of spin in the atmosphere. One of the key ingredients for supercells which produce almost all severe weather. And you need surface based instability/storms to have tornadoes I'm not sure about hail and winds though.
ALSO of note you need a good chunk of instability to go along with high helicty to maintain anything. Or you'll just have the updraft tore apart. Aka winter tornadoes.

View attachment 82164

Get the sun out midday Saturday into the afternoon and it gets a little rough in Eastern NC and parts of SC. Even taking the 18z 12k literally you would likely have a couple supercell like storms riding near the sfc low
Almost looked as if a little MCS tried to get going along the boundary of instability (essentially the warm front) that moves through SC and some of souther central NC and eastern NC .. interesting6C487318-F842-4F9E-89CB-A5FDC90847C1.jpeg

At this point, it's looking like (per usual) the widespread convection tomorrow will be just east of DFW.

But it's a much closer call than we've had all season. CINH looks to be non-existent and the forcing will be stronger. If thing slow down slightly or initiate a bit earlier, it could be a different story.

Cant see instability due to weather.us not working right this morning, but Euro actually looks rougher than the past few days across south AL/GA wind field wise.
Ya SPC mentioned that in the disco as well.

Back