• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Anaphylactic August

Had some amazing storms around, haven’t seen lightning like that in a long time, storm had tons of energy F7157004-CFB1-44F9-827A-4BD14E5AEF44.jpegDF0A66E0-07B9-4356-AA3F-20D4E30D3530.jpegC4EBDCA5-47DE-4CD9-B808-E639D8EC0ADB.jpeg

So far looks like the storms are staying north of Wake for now. Lots of rain out west towards Charlotte, too.

That is a beast of a line from Greensboro all the way to the coast, moving southeast.

Areal Flood Advisory
Flood Advisory
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
914 PM EDT Fri Aug 23 2019

Granville NC-Wake NC-Durham NC-Franklin NC-
914 PM EDT Fri Aug 23 2019

The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a

* Flood Advisory for...
Southern Granville County in central North Carolina...
Northeastern Wake County in central North Carolina...
Central Durham County in central North Carolina...
Franklin County in central North Carolina...

* Until 1215 AM EDT

* At 914 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding in the advisory area.
Up to two inches of rain have already fallen.

* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Durham, Creedmoor, Louisburg, Wake Forest, Butner, Franklinton,
Youngsville, Centerville, Falls Lake State Rec Area and Ingleside.

Additional rainfall of one to two inches is expected over the area.
This additional rain will cause minor flooding.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.

Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of floods and flash floods. If flash flooding is observed act
quickly. Move up to higher ground to escape flood waters. Do not stay
in areas subject to flooding when water begins rising.

&&

Sounds like a warzone currently outside but I'm getting barely missed by the HAM stuff. Just now starting to pour a bit more.

Edit: Of course I said something and it got nasty out there for some time and it's still pretty nasty.

Last edited:
ATL could finally have a couple negative departure days tomorrow and Monday.

After that, back to temps near/above 90*F.

So a "widespread 1-2 inches" turned into this. You could make a very strong case for no rain the rest of the month. Disappointing
0307a0e6ff71f34273085aee4946d1df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mack sets sail on the southernwx cruise today . It will probably snow at his house while he’s gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the way now! With 2 tropical entities to watch! Really looking forward to it! Won’t be able to ----- and whine for a few days, not paying for ship internet! ??????

So a "widespread 1-2 inches" turned into this. You could make a very strong case for no rain the rest of the month. Disappointing

Was there ever a real doubt?

I can barely remember the last time I've had a t'storm, or even rain for that matter.

Something's off with that map, doesn't it say issued Aug. 20th? I picked up 3.23 over the last 2 days, shows nothing up this way..... of course I realize its accurate for your area, sorry man

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Something's off with that map, doesn't it say issued Aug. 20th? I picked up 3.23 over the last 2 days, shows nothing up this way..... of course I realize its accurate for your area, sorry man

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You have more rain in 2 days than I've gotten in 30

All I feel outside right now is staleness, disappointment, clouds but no rain, I can smelly smell the overbearing amounts of CINH

Last edited:
Back