• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Anaphylactic August

A very serious and not by any means condescending question.
I tend to get about 1 to 3 of these a week this time of year ... should I also post DANGER WARNINGS them? Remember chicken little?

:eek:
To be fair it was upgraded to a warning mins later.

101 again today... sigh

hey look, a high of only 97 on Wednesday, break out the coats!

But I work inside during the hottest part of the day and honestly its not too bad outside now at this hour... am I feeling ok? :p

After reviewing the footage, I believe NWS GSP should strip the guy of his storm spotter title. Nothing in it warranted a warning. beyond that tree line type of junk. GSP needs to “rethink” their actions and wait for more evidence. I think I will be in contact with someone in Maryland soon. Caused a lot of panic for people in stores and phones went off will bring disregard for the next one. Not sure why the city of Hickory panicked too.

After reviewing the footage, I believe NWS GSP should strip the guy of his storm spotter title. Nothing in it warranted a warning. beyond that tree line type of junk. GSP needs to “rethink” their actions and wait for more evidence. I think I will be in contact with someone in Maryland soon. Caused a lot of panic for people in stores and phones went off will bring disregard for the next one. Not sure why the city of Hickory panicked too.
I MUST HAVE MISSED SOMETHING , WHAT HAPPENED?

I MUST HAVE MISSED SOMETHING , WHAT HAPPENED?
First, surprise showers in the morning occurred and a forecast bust continued for the whole day. A sunny hot day was originally expected. Then storms fire up and warnings are issued for Wilkes/Surry and SPC places everyone in meso discussion and marginal Risk. Then a trained spotter falsely reports a funnel based on video beyond a tree line that should not have been even considered any rotation whatsoever. GSP issues tornado warning that would have never been qualified to issue in most south-east states. Civil alerts alerted people in the city of hickory which were never in the path of the storm to begin with. Warning is cancelled fairly early after people panic.

EF1 confirmed the day prior in NWS Blacksburg area. Will be interesting to see if day 3 continues any tornado warnings or severe thunderstorm warnings from blue ridge of Virginia and North Carolina east.

First, surprise showers in the morning occurred and a forecast bust continued for the whole day. A sunny hot day was originally expected. Then storms fire up and warnings are issued for Wilkes/Surry and SPC places everyone in meso discussion and marginal Risk. Then a trained spotter falsely reports a funnel based on video beyond a tree line that should not have been even considered any rotation whatsoever. GSP issues tornado warning that would have never been qualified to issue in most south-east states. Civil alerts alerted people in the city of hickory which were never in the path of the storm to begin with. Warning is cancelled fairly early after people panic.

That's an awfully long post with a lot of words just to say "nothing."

Day 3 Slight Risk for south-west Virginia area already.

For some reason, FFC is only forecasting highs in mid 80s by the end of the week.

Make that make sense...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Missing a t'storm by a couple miles to the west.

I'm getting thunder and lightning from it though, and I did get just enough light rain to dampen the pavement.

Also, we made it to 97*F today. That may be the hottest temperature of the year (so far).

100 today for the 4th out of the last 5 days

Two more to go and then maybe some rain Tuesday Night into Wednesday???

Its hard to believe but we are approaching the 15 year anniversary of Charley. I will never forget the cool air in its wake. Upper 40s at night in mid August !

Back