• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Anaphylactic August

FFC finally pulled the trigger on a heat advisory today and tomorrow.

It's already 90*F as of 10:55am.

Last edited:

We should have had one the past 2-3 days. Plus there is a twitter uproar over local school buses without a/c. Which they never have and that’s why I don’t understand the pushing back the school year into summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should have had one the past 2-3 days. Plus there is a twitter uproar over local school buses without a/c. Which they never have and that’s why I don’t understand the pushing back the school year into summer.

Try teaching with a wonky AC unit in the classroom at a school that was built in the 70s! Luckily my kids are resilient and don't complain too much but I'm starting to overheat during the afternoon. Today's recess should have been cancelled but we had a thunderstorm headed our way and it was nice and breezy with lots of clouds. Tomorrow's recess will probably be cancelled, its just too hot. I'm ready for winter even if I don't get any snow this year!

*edited for my misspelled word!

Last edited:
Try teaching with a wonky AC unit in the classroom at a school that was built in the 70s! Luckily my kids are resilient and don't complain too much but I'm starting to overheat during the afternoon. Today's recess should have been cancelled but we had a thunderstorm headed our way and it was nice and breezy with lots of clouds. Tomorrow's recess will probably be cancelled, its just too hot. I'm reading for winter even if I don't get any snow this year!

Yea my wife’s school is 2 years old and the temps are control from the county office. Set between 74-78. 74ish with 30 hormonal kids is rough. I bought her a floor fan and it seems to her a little.

Try teaching with a wonky AC unit in the classroom at a school that was built in the 70s! Luckily my kids are resilient and don't complain too much but I'm starting to overheat during the afternoon. Today's recess should have been cancelled but we had a thunderstorm headed our way and it was nice and breezy with lots of clouds. Tomorrow's recess will probably be cancelled, its just too hot. I'm reading for winter even if I don't get any snow this year!
N FL ... Wife had a cottonmouth moccasin in her classroom this AM when students arrived ... :eek: ... big rain last night musta had an impact ... and the school being built next to a swamp ...

Last edited:
Get used to it. Seems like the new normal. Don't expect fall until October again this year either.

The longtime trend toward higher SSTs, dewpoints, and morning lows is very likely global warming related. By the way, Alaska has been absolutely baking this summer at alltime records that are well above previous records!

How is this possible at 9am?

View attachment 21591

Its interesting that the Carrollton regional airport is reporting 91F as of 1:30 PM and your station is reporting 96F, just one county south. It looks as if there is a bout a 200' difference in elevation.

I have 91F as well in northeastern Cobb County, actually 92F

Its interesting that the Carrollton regional airport is reporting 91F as of 1:30 PM and your station is reporting 96F, just one county south. It looks as if there is a bout a 200' difference in elevation.

I have 91F as well in northeastern Cobb County, actually 92F
Carrollton's temp is always too cool. I wouldnt trust it.

Back