• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

Does anyone find it unusual the number of this? Also that military will be ones delivering the vaccine? HR6666? Like how does that number even get picked.

America is going down a dark path. As the cop in this video says. It can get ugly very fast. I hope that this is over very soon. Please go away virus.

Does anyone find it unusual the number of this? Also that military will be ones delivering the vaccine? HR6666? Like how does that number even get picked.
I grant you that it is a strange number given the circumstances, though it is four instead of three. I have no idea how these numbers are chosen.

But this is likely no more a sign of the “mark of the beast” than your SS number or CC numbers, etc.

As with most things in Revelation, the mark of the beast is probably symbolic rather than a literal mark of some kind. Numbers play an important symbolic role in Revelation. If we keep in mind that “7” is the number of perfection in the Jewish mind, what then would three sixes symbolize? While we can’t say for certain, it seems likely that 666 represent a three-fold emphasis on imperfection, or something of the like.

What or who we worship is central in Revelation. Those who worship Christ worship that which is perfect; while those who worship the beast worship that which is the complete opposite of perfect and of Christ himself.

I grant you that it is a strange number given the circumstances, though it is four instead of three. I have no idea how these numbers are chosen.

But this is likely no more a sign of the “mark of the beast” than your SS number or CC numbers, etc.

As with most things in Revelation, the mark of the beast is probably symbolic rather than a literal mark of some kind. Numbers play an important symbolic role in Revelation. If we keep in mind that “7” is the number of perfection in the Jewish mind, what then would three sixes symbolize? While we can’t say for certain, it seems likely that 666 represent a three-fold emphasis on imperfection, or something of the like.

What or who we worship is central in Revelation. Those who worship Christ worship that which is perfect; while those who worship the beast worship that which is the complete opposite of perfect and of Christ himself.

And further, Christians have no reason to fear the number 666. We've been given a spirit of sonship not fear! ?

Ive read heard some awesome bible studies on numbers in the bible. Not the book of Numbers, but actual numbers. Anyway here is a quick article. But there is a ton of stuff . Had a math professor at a public univ do a awesome last week of class throwing out numbers and tying into creation. It was jaw dropping.
Wish I had time to post more. Know GAWX is big on stats,numbers and would be intrigued by. Oh well, anyway

Meaning of Numbers in the Bible
Questions? - Our Newsletter
Biblical Meaning of Numbers
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 17 - 19
20 - 21 - 30 - 33 - 40 - 50 - 111
222 - 444 - 666 - 777 - MORE!
An essential key to understanding God's Word and its design is through the meaning of Biblical numbers. Their connections and patterns, when we search them out and understand them, reveal the handiwork of God. Although the arrangement of some is obvious, others are not and require in-depth Bible study. The patterns found do not exist by random chance but by design. Each one has a particular symbolism attached to it by our Creator.
Research has uncovered patterns in certain original language words and phrases that reveal a hidden meaning behind the Biblical text. This discovery offers additional proof that God inspired every word used in the book that boldly proclaims to reveal His will, plan, and purpose for man. The Eternal challenges us through Isaiah that He alone is Creator.
'To whom then will you compare Me, or who is My equal?' says the Holy One. 'Lift up your eyes on high, and behold, who has created these things, who brings out their host by number' (Isaiah 40:25).
The awesome complexity of the earth itself, as well as the infinite vastness of the universe (which man cannot even begin to comprehend), are silent witnesses of the existence and wisdom of a Master Creator. God designed and created the universe based on mathematical laws and numbers, principles that continue to govern the entire creation.
Indeed, God has wonderfully revealed Himself through His creation (Romans 1:20). Though the scientific community has discovered several of these immutable laws, men actually know little to nothing about God’s limitless universe.
Just as God employed mathematical laws to create everything, He used numerals in the design of His word. The Scriptures exhibit a numerical design that can only be explained by the direct inspiration of a Creator. Edward F. Vallowe, in his book entitled Biblical Mathematics, writes the following.

Heres another good article. Type this in google toolbar. Tons of stuff out there.

Shapes, Numbers, Patterns, And The Divine Proportion In God's Creation
BY FRED WILLSON, M.S. |
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 01, 2002

Ravi Zacharias was an utter con man.. All that crap with 'laying hands' for healing? Give me a break. Zero respect.

Ravi Zacharias was an utter con man.. All that crap with 'laying hands' for healing? Give me a break. Zero respect.
I never knew he laid "hands for healing" on anyone? I listen to his radio broadcast every week. You might be confusing him with someone else. Ravi is an extremely intelligent born again Christian who is of Indian decent. He is one of the most intelligent evangelists I know. Look up RZIM and see if this is the man you are referring to.

Last edited:

As with most things in Revelation, the mark of the beast is probably symbolic rather than a literal mark of some kind
. Numbers play an important symbolic role in Revelation. If we keep in mind that “7” is the number of perfection in the Jewish mind, what then would three sixes symbolize? While we can’t say for certain, it seems likely that 666 represent a three-fold emphasis on imperfection, or something of the like.

To the first part, I agree with you 100%. That has nothing to do with the "mark of the beast". To the second bold part. Not so much...... There are many parts of the book of The Revelation that are literal and this is one of them.... There will in fact be a literal mark on the right hand or on the forehead. It will be needed to buy or sell during the tribulation period.... implying a cashless monetary system.

To the first part, I agree with you 100%. That has nothing to do with the "mark of the beast". To the second bold part. Not so much...... There are many parts of the book of The Revelation that are literal and this is one of them.... There will in fact be a literal mark on the right hand or on the forehead. It will be needed to buy or sell during the tribulation period.... implying a cashless monetary system.

How do you determine which symbols to interpret literally and vice versa?

How do you determine which symbols to interpret literally and vice versa?
Common sense..... Come on man.... surely your smarter than that. An identification mark that will be used for commerce is not apocalyptic literature. Now a beast rising up out of the sea having seven heads and ten horns is symbolic.

Common sense..... Come on man.... surely your smarter than that. An identification mark that will be used for commerce is not apocalyptic literature. Now a beast rising up out of the sea having seven heads and ten horns is symbolic.
Lol understanding Revelation is not quite as simple as common sense. Some things are easy, but there are more than a few "symbols" that extraordinary scholars disagree on, in terms of interpretation. And there's quite a bit of disagreement on the simple things too, mind you.

Yes, common sense. Silly me. What was I thinking?

Now, intellectually speaking, how do you determine which symbols to interpret literally?

And try to answer the question without insulting my intelligence or interpretive acumen.

I never knew he laid "hands for healing" on anyone? I listen to his radio broadcast every week. You might be confusing him with someone else. Ravi is an extremely intelligent born again Christian who is of Indian decent. He is one of the most intelligent evangelists I know. Look up RZIM and see if this is the man you are referring to.
Spot on. The poster has no clue who hes referencing.

Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins put out a prophecy study bible. Awesome teaching tool to studying prophecy,book of revelation.
When you study Revelations and put it beside other books in the bible, like Daniel chapters 6-12 , Mathew 24 to name a couple, its not hard to understand. God is not author of confusion.

Back