• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

Lots of lower topped showers out there must be a warm layer aloft

This is out there

Since it's in kJ/cm-2 and that doesn't mean a lot to me I just assume high good for strong storms low is bad
Kilo Joules per Centimeter squared.

Which means that TCHP isnt taking depth into consideration because then you'd think it'd be KJ / Cm^3 (cubed)...

I’ve always wanted to find the heat content link . That’s much more revealing than SST. How deep does the warm water go so if a hurricane moves through will it have a rich source of warm water or just shallow stuff they gets easily upwelled .
That’s actually what I was looking for. Weatherbell used to have a link for it, but I can’t find it anymore.

Probably better links out there somewhere but the link below has current and you can search back to 2011

If ablazing August means ablazed in rainfall, we're getting it nicely today with a heavy thunderstorm as a band goes through. We already have some of the typical street flooding. Before this, we were already near 1.5" in August to date. We're easily over 2" MTD now. About 9" last month. No drought worries at all here.

This ended up giving me ~1.35”. I’m nearing 3” MTD.

Back