• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

If ablazing August means ablazed in rainfall, we're getting it nicely today with a heavy thunderstorm as a band goes through. We already have some of the typical street flooding. Before this, we were already near 1.5" in August to date. We're easily over 2" MTD now. About 9" last month. No drought worries at all here.

Even here in DFW, we're -3.3*F below normal for August to-date.

I have driven from Joshua Tree NP to Valley of Fire State Park, which is located to the northeast of Las Vegas. Drove across the Mojave Desert. That was an experience. Car thermometer hit 114 going through there. Blown away by Valley of Fire State Park. It was “ablazing” there as the pic below shows. (And no … I am not how certain how accurate the car thermometer is, but it is hot!) With breeze feels like opening the oven door. Again, no humidity to speak of. Very “cool” experience … forgive the pun!

33D80A20-BC58-45D0-BC53-7374D0B83448.jpeg

Looks like if nothing else the moisture envelope from the tropical system makes its way into the region over the weekend should be decent storm coverage Friday through Monday
No I want a Cat 5. Ideally , we get this tropical storm , it dumps a ton of rain , then in 2 weeks we get a major hurricane that dumps a ton of rain with nasty wind , that’s followed by another tropical storm that stalls out over us with a cold front and dumps record rainfall again. Just imagine . Half the state would not exist anymore .

No I want a Cat 5. Ideally , we get this tropical storm , it dumps a ton of rain , then in 2 weeks we get a major hurricane that dumps a ton of rain with nasty wind , that’s followed by another tropical storm that stalls out over us with a cold front and dumps record rainfall again. Just imagine . Half the state would not exist anymore .
Thanks ?

Back