• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

Looks like if nothing else the moisture envelope from the tropical system makes its way into the region over the weekend should be decent storm coverage Friday through Monday
Looks like with the approaching cold front and tropical system (obviously dependent on where that tropical system goes) there could be some pretty good wash out days which I might add would keep us in the 70s as well and dump very decent rains over everyone .. next week looking interesting

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s a setup for flooding rains if a hurricane or front stalls underneath it .
In the winter time that look is probably a big SE ridge with the GOA ridge, at least that ridge still shows up lol

Hot summer at 500mb. Must be nice I’ve been wudged all summer !
Here is July 1-Aug 1 much more of a normal temp look. Either way with the ridge centers to our north west and north east not much of a way to get that hot. The clear signal has been the ridge centers to our north which becomes problematic over the next 6 weeks in relation to hurricanes especially since we are going into a another June through early July setupcompday.VCyobNKOVI (1).gif

Last edited:
Here is July 1-Aug 1 much more of a normal temp look. Either way with the ridge centers to our north west and north east not much of a way to get that hot. The clear signal has been the ridge centers to our north which becomes problematic over the next 6 weeks in relation to hurricanes especially since we are going into a another June through early July setupView attachment 87806
Do you know where to go to get current SST’s. Obviously we’ve been looking at the overall pattern this summer and have seen that has progressed in a way that would favor SE hits as we get into peak season. The other piece obviously is water temps and just how much energy is available… how are they compared to the last few years?

Do you know where to go to get current SST’s. Obviously we’ve been looking at the overall pattern this summer and have seen that has progressed in a way that would favor SE hits as we get into peak season. The other piece obviously is water temps and just how much energy is available… how are they compared to the last few years?
I don't have a good link especially for historic data I just use the stuff from tropical tidbits

I don't have a good link especially for historic data I just use the stuff from tropical tidbits
I’ve always wanted to find the heat content link . That’s much more revealing than SST. How deep does the warm water go so if a hurricane moves through will it have a rich source of warm water or just shallow stuff they gets easily upwelled .

I’ve always wanted to find the heat content link . That’s much more revealing than SST. How deep does the warm water go so if a hurricane moves through well it have a rich source of warm water or just shallow stuff they gets easily upwelled .
That’s actually what I was looking for. Weatherbell used to have a link for it, but I can’t find it anymore.

I’ve always wanted to find the heat content link . That’s much more revealing than SST. How deep does the warm water go so if a hurricane moves through will it have a rich source of warm water or just shallow stuff they gets easily upwelled .
This is out there

Since it's in kJ/cm-2 and that doesn't mean a lot to me I just assume high good for strong storms low is bad

Last edited:
Back