• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

I’m gonna lose my damn mind it’s another disgusting below average April day. Surrounded by warmer temps but instead I get crappy clouds . Imma make a sacrifice to the gods when the pattern flips and torches us here . La Niña coming on possible , second year of it , yeah man let’s get it . Hoping a giant cold front stalls west of the mountains and we torch . I need some sun :(

Wow what a shock . The area that’s hotter gets storms . Who would have thought upper 80s would yield storms over 70 degree stratus . Enjoy .
Yes, you can easily get surface based convection with higher temperatures, you can also get thunderstorms with lower temperatures that aren’t surface based but form off a area of warmer air aloft , which was sort of the setup last night (areas east of me saw lightning and thunder). It’s not all about sfc heating sometimes

Yes, you can easily get surface based convection with higher temperatures, you can also get thunderstorms with lower temperatures that aren’t surface based but form off a area of warmer air aloft , which was sort of the setup last night (areas east of me saw lightning and thunder). It’s not all about sfc heating sometimes
Yeah yeah , I’m just disheartened honestly . Seems any precip we get these days is just cold miserable rain . I miss thunderstorms .

I’m gonna lose my damn mind it’s another disgusting below average April day. Surrounded by warmer temps but instead I get crappy clouds . Imma make a sacrifice to the gods when the pattern flips and torches us here . La Niña coming on possible , second year of it , yeah man let’s get it . Hoping a giant cold front stalls west of the mountains and we torch . I need some sun :(
It's 83° and raining here in Charleston. It feels great

If ablazing August means ablazed in rainfall, we're getting it nicely today with a heavy thunderstorm as a band goes through. We already have some of the typical street flooding. Before this, we were already near 1.5" in August to date. We're easily over 2" MTD now. About 9" last month. No drought worries at all here.

Back