• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

Decent training and a solid pivot point = some localized big time totals tomorrow .. HRRR has wanted it to be somewhere in central NC .. but we all know exact location won’t be known until we nowcast .. regardless someone is seeing a flash flood warning2843059E-0255-4D06-BCA5-ECDF2EC4995F.png

Decent training and a solid pivot point = some localized big time totals tomorrow .. HRRR has wanted it to be somewhere in central NC .. but we all know exact location won’t be known until we nowcast .. regardless someone is seeing a flash flood warningView attachment 87708
That precip max looks perfectly placed over Jordan lake and apex ... don’t tell @Avalanche

Dang Rah NWS going all in on tomorrow (this was from the morning update)

Rainfall totals for late tonight and Saturday will also likely need
a (possibly significant) upward adjustment with the afternoon
forecast package, with a narrow swath of 2-3" probable, locally
around 4", along and on the immediate cool side of the retreating
coastal front and frontal wave during that time.

2" radar estimates east of Chapel Hill near Jordan Lake already and its been pouring here too. Jordan Lake sink zone cancel.

View attachment 87736
And this is before all the rain coming tonight and tomorrow .. there will be flash flooding I believe for some areas in the next 24 hours

Heaviest totals missed the airport and official station again. This area of southern Pitt just southeast of my house has been getting crushed this summer. Pgv is a surplus of +15 and this area is several inches ahead of that. Just crazy how much rain we've been getting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-203934_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-203934_Messages.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 10
Someone is getting a flash flood that’s for sure … I can’t wait to see the radar blossom and hear the heavy rain falling outside my window and if we’re really lucky we can maybe stay in the 70s tomorrow.. i dont know about The whole severe threat I would assume a severe gusts will be very few and far between 3240116D-5A39-47E3-8E8E-F0AB4D8E028C.png

Back