• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

Another interesting thing to note is that a lot of the models on recent cycles have realllyyy tamed the heat in every way shape and form. I haven’t been able to grab any real look of oppressive heat from any of the models even out into the long range .. if anything it gets cooler later … 80s - 70s when rain comes around.. other than that maybe a few 90 degree days but even they look scarce.. I don’t wanna say big time summer heat is over but it’s bit looking good for anyone who is rooting for 95-100+ degree heatwaves

If we can get out of the clouds and rain tomorrow morning and generate some instability we have a decent set up for some severe storms

The 3k running hot as always
View attachment 87693
View attachment 87694
Get out of clouds and rain tomorrow . That seems hard to do if you ask me . Especially further north , probably you make it out but @Brick Tamland doesn’t and we hear about south and east action and it only storms when there is no watch etc.

That's a much better image and shows the initiation point way better and that actually starts right over the PCS phosphate mine which makes it that much more interesting
I would assume it's birds or bugs it looks like a mayfly hatch but I don't know enough about the ecology to really say

Enough mid level flow to get organized multicells with a damaging wind threat going with that look
Yeah the NAMs are really slow and west with the sfc low and back the LL flow thus the tor threat. Most other models have an elongated weaker low or just a trough axis which cuts the tor threat but the wind/hail threat are still there

GFS is basically low-mid 90s everyday past Sunday thru day 10 from what I see
Cmc upper 80s low 90s.. euro I saw mainly upper 80s . icon is the same and Gfs is the same excepts it probably prints more low 90s than anyone .. but even that is extremely typical .. no model is sporting a big ridge of any sort and nothing greater than some low 90s .. seems solid to me

That's a much better image and shows the initiation point way better and that actually starts right over the PCS phosphate mine which makes it that much more interesting
It looks like an explosion. I would think wildlife wouldn't move with the same pace in all directions. But who knows?

Yeah the NAMs are really slow and west with the sfc low and back the LL flow thus the tor threat. Most other models have an elongated weaker low or just a trough axis which cuts the tor threat but the wind/hail threat are still there
Wouldn’t be hampered by morning convection?

Get out of clouds and rain tomorrow . That seems hard to do if you ask me . Especially further north , probably you make it out but @Brick Tamland doesn’t and we hear about south and east action and it only storms when there is no watch etc.
Yeah the whole thing tomorrow is touch and go. There's a little agreement in the models on the overall coverage and placement of the first shot of rain but not enough to really say. Obviously if the models error in either direction the afternoon storm coverage goes in either direction.

Back