• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/18/20 - 5/23/20 Upper Low Flooding & Severe Threat

I’m not too concerned about flooding today. The high risk wasn’t really necessary here and the next two day’s don’t highlight any chance of flooding anywhere close to here.

Finally getting some decent returns and for real downpours now. Had been nothing but some slightly heavier than drizzle tropical type light rain.

2.6" at my house for the week. Might squeak out another 0.5" to top 3" but I'm ready for some sun now which hopefully we get to see tomorrow.

BIG moisture plume coming off the Atlantic will dump on areas of NC from Raleigh north and east. You can see a little meso low, on radar, spinning as it traverses NW. Also some lightning returns showing up.

BIG moisture plume coming off the Atlantic will dump on areas of NC from Raleigh north and east. You can see a little meso low, on radar, spinning as it traverses NW. Also some lightning returns showing up.

Really started up raining hard here in the last hour or so. Gonna add up pretty quickly I'd guess.

Only in Wilkes can it rain 12.52” and not even flood.

7.2” here since 6pm Monday. It will be interesting to see if anything develops to the south and southeast again that could give us a run at 8 or 9 before the day is over

Back