• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5/18/20 - 5/23/20 Upper Low Flooding & Severe Threat

Some development over Georgia/Florida now may come north into Charlotte region tomorrow. View attachment 41799
That’s pretty much the direction our rain has been coming from for the last 3 days. Little clusters like that seem to just blow up just north of the Savannah River and then trains over us for 5 or 6 hours. I’m up to 5.7 inches since 6pm Monday and GSP is saying we’re in for another 2-3 by 5:00pm tomorrow

We are dialed in now, band goes out past the ILM and MHX radars. Just hit 1 inch for the day wouldn't be surprised to put another inch on top of that overnight and maybe another tomorrow

Given the area below Columbia SC aiming for Boone NC it’s safe to say flood watches may be extended tomorrow.

Another 2.86" bringing my total to 7"+ over the past 3 days. It's still pouring this morning, so I expect at least another inch or two today. We were stuck in the upper 40s most Wednesday, as well. Went for a wet run yesterday wearing a toboggan, gloves, and a light jacket...in freakin May!! That's a first and hopefully a last.

Back