• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 4/28-30 2020 Severe Chance

The NAM needs to earn its way back into our good graces after the last couple of events lol. It’s been pitiful.

Yeah the NAM 12km especially, showed death soundings for much of NC/SC with the event last Thursday that ended up never even getting close to verifying, NAM 3km was ehh on that event, but it did well with the Easter event, and somewhat well with the supercell trio event back on Saturday

I am not much of a weather geek, as a matter of fact I hate this time of year...I live in South Carolina and if I had my choice I would move to Siberia...That said I joined here to learn a little bit....So what's the damage for South Carolina in all this?

Squall line with some damaging winds is possible to likely now, dry air can help aid in damaging winds

It does seem that its looking like either colder drier system with more fall like squall line characteristics or a extremely skinny cape setup with a very focused surge of cape and dews right along the front but that still favors straight line squall type events though it would increase the chances of a QLCS spin up since they are all the rage this season.....so I am still waiting for my day with discrete supercells to track/chase here in eastern NC though I think May is a bit better for that around here as we get some enhanced tornado threat from the sea breeze which doesn't really show up till May at the earliest....

Back